icon

wiring dvc sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dp85iroc 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2009 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
it should be more effiecent at a lower ohm but thats only if its stable...mine is lol
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2009 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
i_want_the_boom wrote:
I understand what you are saying. If it was you who were hooking the sub up would you wire the sub in series and bridge it to the amp for a 4ohm load, or would you run each voice coil to each channel in stereo at 2ohms? From what you are saying they will both produce the same power but wouldnt the the difference in the ohm load have an effect on the amp? would the amp be more efficient at 2 or 4 ohms?
it is the same to the amp, but I would just bridge it at 4 ohms since it is just one speaker.
phase is basically just a fancy word for polarity, but it can get more complicated when you are talking about sound waves.
when you have 2 speakers wired together and you hook the speaker wire to the positive and negative of a battery both speakers should move in the same direction(in or out) and this is referred to as being in phase. if they each move the opposite way of each other then they are out of phase with each other.
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2009 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
dp85iroc wrote:
it should be more effiecent at a lower ohm but thats only if its stable...mine is lol
that depends on the amp's design.
dp85iroc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2009 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
so as long as i connect the postive and negatives right then it should be in phase correct?
soundnsecurity 
Posted: July 01, 2009 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
dp85iroc wrote:
so as long as i connect the postive and negatives right then it should be in phase correct?
thats right, but some amp's terminals are +--+ instead of +-+- so make sure you pay attention to how they are on your amp.
dp85iroc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2009 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
ok i will thank you dude
i_want_the_boom 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2009 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

soundnsecurity wrote:
[QUOTE=i_want_the_boom] QUOTE]when you have 2 speakers wired together and you hook the speaker wire to the positive and negative of a battery both speakers should move in the same direction(in or out) and this is referred to as being in phase. if they each move the opposite way of each other then they are out of phase with each other.

If you have positive connected to positive and negative connected to negative witch way should the speaker move in or out

If the trunk dont rattle then its not loud.
If it's to loud then you're to old.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: July 01, 2009 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
i_want_the_boom wrote:

soundnsecurity wrote:
[QUOTE=i_want_the_boom] QUOTE]when you have 2 speakers wired together and you hook the speaker wire to the positive and negative of a battery both speakers should move in the same direction(in or out) and this is referred to as being in phase. if they each move the opposite way of each other then they are out of phase with each other.

If you have positive connected to positive and negative connected to negative witch way should the speaker move in or out

it would move out.
i_want_the_boom 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2009 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot soundnsecurity. I think im adicted to this forum
If the trunk dont rattle then its not loud.
If it's to loud then you're to old.
dp85iroc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2009 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
ya gonna have to agree with you on that one i've been reading this stuff for the past week straight
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic