icon

what kind of lock system do i have?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stryped 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2009 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
Can you tell me what kind of lock system is used on a 2000 Dodge Dakota with factory power door locks? I believe it has factory keyles entry too but not 100% sure on that.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2009 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
Power UnlockLIGHT GREEN(-)POWER MASTER SWITCH IN DRIVERS DOOR...
what kind of lock system do i have? - Last Post -- posted image.PowerLockPINK(-)

POWER MASTER SWITCH IN DRIVERS DOOR...REQUIRES DOUBLE PUSLE

What are you doing...?Just adding keyless entry...? Most units are negative trigger(door locks)...So if you list the unit, we could probably give you specifics...Otherwise you are pretty much just taking wires from alarm/units lock/unlock directly to the door lock wires in the car...!

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
stryped 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2009 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  

I do appreciate any help. I have a 450 Python esp in the truck that apparently was installed at a local best buy (not by me) several years ago. The remote start was connected but the door lock/unlock was not. I would like to connect this feature.

I believe the python has a green wire that says (-) lock (+) unlock output

and a blue wire that says (-) unlock (+) lock output

Can anyone tell me what I need to connect these wires to in the 2000 Dakota? I dont quite understand what the (-) and (+) mean. I really appreciate your help. This think does not look like it was installed very well. The LED and vallet switch are just sort of hanging under the dash.

stryped 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2009 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
By the way, I was just on the Bulldog site and it said my truck was a Chrysler 3/5 wire system because it came factory with keyless entry I believe. How does that system work and is it more involved to install the doorlock function on my python 450 esp system?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 02, 2009 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

With factory keyless your truck lock/unlock is negative pulse thru resistance.

Lock is thru 620 ohms, unlock is thru 1.5 kohms. Double pulse is required, 1st pulse is disarm, second will unlock!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic