icon

ok, ok, box designing it is.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 19, 2009 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  

You can still get to the opening of the port to use a router to 1/4 round the sharp edges.  The back edge of the port is no longer accessible to do the same there. 

Sharp edges can introduce non-musical sounds AKA port noise.  The surfaces that I would have rounded are colored in the following pictures.

ok, ok, box designing it is. - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.

ok, ok, box designing it is. - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
methos123 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2009 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
Alright you all, here is the final product. They are loud and sound GREAT. You guys were right, they do sound soooo much better in a bigger box. My rear window flexes!!
ok, ok, box designing it is. - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.ok, ok, box designing it is. - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.ok, ok, box designing it is. - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.ok, ok, box designing it is. - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.ok, ok, box designing it is. - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.
methos123 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, what do you all think? I will post a youtube video after a while to show how this sh$# slams! (: Let me know what you think so far. By the way, NO PORT NOISE what so ever...even with straight corners on the ports. (:
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
Are you planning on cleaning that install up some? like hiding the wires ,mounting the amp etc. I just dont see the point in going to all that trouble of building the boxes and then not finishing them with carpet and doing a clean install.Thats just my preference though.
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
methos123 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
Not right now. It would be nice though. I ran out of recourses and time for now. All this was on a whim. 3 days before I finished, I decided to go get the wood. Man, I am glad I did. I will deal with the details later.
I am trying to find the song Bass I Love you by Basstronics. I can not find the download without some kind of virus attached to it.
Can someone please tell me how to get the song Bass I Love You from BassTronics and the song that is on youtube a lot by Jeezy, (??). Thanks.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic