icon

running the bay?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  

Its stops ppl from taking it elsewhere for repair and then getting that phone call that says...Well this shop just looked at it and they said it was this...And that the other shop should have never done that...And for 50 bucks we will fix it...Customer then comes to you and wants a refund...ETC...This works well for us and our battery sales...Customers always want to take their batterys to Autozone to be checked...What a joke...They stick that Big Yellow Sticker on the battery saying its "bad". They then bring the battery back to me Irate...Cause Autozone said the battery is bad w/ several dead cells...Quickly grab my DMM...Check voltage on battery...Its at 11.7 volts...Basically 100% dis-charged...I ask them how did Autozone test a dis-charged battery...Which the customer normally has no clue what i just said...! So basically it gives you first right to inspection/repair...And for the most part, customers will follow that advice...! So basically it stops them from taking it to your competitor...Who im sure is going to say whatever they can to put down your shop to get the customers business...! Also over the phone customers who call and want to take it elsewhere for repair...Simply say ...If taken to another facility for diagnostics/repair voids the warranty...For the most part the customer does not know very much about 12 volts and all it takes is someone else telling them something different then you to get them all excited...Plus if they want to by-pass you, and take it elsewhere...You have the oppurtunity to take back control of situation...By voiding warranty...etc...!

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic