icon

viper 790xv woes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
did you replace the antenna too? ive seen many times the antennas on these alarms go bad. and people think its their remote because the remote isnt working. so i would say check the antenna check the connections etc.
eskimo10 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2009 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I replaced the antenna with a brand new one as well as the antenna wires. I went ahead and bought a new remote offline so as soon as it gets in I will update you guys. Thanks again for the help.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 26, 2009 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  

eskimo10 wrote:
Yes I replaced the antenna with a brand new one as well as the antenna wires. I went ahead and bought a new remote offline so as soon as it gets in I will update you guys. Thanks again for the help.

You did it again? viper 790xv woes - Page 2 -- posted image.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2009 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
What else could he do?  He's a poor Eskimo living with the other Inuit in the far North, no broadband, he HAS to order offline because he can't get online.viper 790xv woes - Page 2 -- posted image.
eskimo10 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2009 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
Haha. Yea well instead of spending 200+ on a remote out of Best Buy (The only authorized Viper dealer in my area), I spent 68 on a NEW remote offline. Say what you will, but this is one of the rare times I have ever had any trouble with anything I have purchased on eBay.
eskimo10 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2009 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I'm good to go now, alarm is up and running. But I still have yet to find an answer for my earlier 2nd question
"I also have a second question. The prewired starter kill for this alarm didn't come with it. I have plenty of relays and wire, can anybody tell me how to wire a relay so I can have the starter kill? Or have pictures of it? Thanks for your help guys!"
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
Take a 5 pin relay, key side of starter to 87a, starter side to 30, armed out (Orange?) to 85 and "proper" (i.e. stays live on cranking engine) to 86. If it's a remote start unit, your starter output goes to 87 or 30.
eskimo10 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Take a 5 pin relay, key side of starter to 87a, starter side to 30, armed out (Orange?) to 85 and "proper" (i.e. stays live on cranking engine) to 86. If it's a remote start unit, your starter output goes to 87 or 30.
What do you mean by "proper"? IE constant 12v?
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  

eskimo10.[/QUOTE wrote:
What do you mean by "proper"? IE constant 12v?
What do you mean by "proper"? IE constant 12v?[/QUOTE]

true ignition wire to pin 86 or, you can tap this to the key side starter wire, anyone you would prefer they work equally well!

eskimo10 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:

eskimo10.
What do you mean by proper? IE constant 12v?[/QUOTE wrote:

true ignition wire to pin 86 or, you can tap this to the key side starter wire, anyone you would prefer they work equally well!

[/QUOTE]
So I will have the ignition or starter wire running to two pins on the relay? I'm not quite sure that makes sense to me.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic