icon

alpine cda 7837

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
13lokei 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2009 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
  Ok got the instal done on this Alpine 7837, however the cd player plays but with no sound. I can see the count down on the screen as it plays but has no sound. Sound is good on fm/am. Whats up with that? Thanks in advance.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 21, 2009 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
Connect the Blue/White wire to your amplifier's remote terminal.   You connected the Blue wire of the radio.  Connect the Blue/White instead.
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
13lokei 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2009 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
 My wiring harness for the 7837 dose not have the blue / white wire. I do have that on the cars wiring. There are 3 blank spots on the 7837's wiring harness. Can I be missing that blue/white wire? The wiring harness is brand new.
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

Yes you could be missing the wire.  You can connect your amp's remote wire to the red wire of the radio.  The amp will come on whenever you turn on the key. 

There may be a pinout diagram on the top of the radio.      If blue is on the corner, directly above red, Blue/White is directly to the left of Blue

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
13lokei 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2009 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
ok connected the blue/white to the red. Still same problem no sound on CD mode. Maybe the Cd player is bad. I was only promised that everything worked great, maybe it isn't. Thanks
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 22, 2009 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Don't connect the blue/white to the red.  Connect the wire that goes to the amp's remote terminal to the red wire of the radio. 
drew454u 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2009 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
you have a bad cd player, lets put the facts out.
1. when playin the radio you have sound.
2. you change to cd mode and nothing.
Am i missin somthin?? this just sounds to me like it is malfuctioning.
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 23, 2009 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged  

He has his amplifier turn on wire connected to the power antenna wire of the radio.   When the tuner is on, it applies power to the power antenna wire to raise the antenna.  When he listens to CD, there is no power on the power antenna wire.  His amplifier is turning off.  This has been a common problem since Sony started putting separate Power Antenna and Amplifier Remote wires on their radios in the early 90s.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=24207&KW=no+sound+cd+antenna

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=12136&KW=no+sound+cd+antenna

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=3064&KW=no+sound+cd+antenna

13lokei 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2009 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
  Ok this is a 1995 Jeep grand cherokee. What is the color code for the amps power wire? I have a conversion plug i bought to connect the alpine to the stock wiring harness. There is a blue / wire out of the conversion wire and i connected it to the red. You are right the power antena gose down when switched to cd mode. I think your right about the amp being off.
13lokei 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2009 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

Ok your right " I am an idiot"  I used the antena wire and wired it in to the red ign on wire, everything works fine now. The antena wire must be bundled with the amp power on wire. Anyways everything works fine now and I dont mind the anrena being up while on CD mode. Thanks

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic