Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 6:42 AM / IP Logged  
So why don't it work if its that easy?
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 8:26 AM / IP Logged  
Robert- If I said it was easy, I say it all the time. Except for stuff I hate doing.
Ford- You need a XKloader loader to change firmware/see what software you are running. This is the reason I buy bypass modules from a local store, so they can flash it for free for you.
Even if it is type E connector, the pin outs are pretty much the same. Follow the pin guide, not what colors look best. And you can verify the correct pin outs by testing ground and ignition.
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
Have you tried just putting the key in the ignition, and then remote starting the vehicle? If it does not remote start when you do this, you have more than a bypass issue, and I would concentrate on the actual remote start before messing with the bypass. The fact that you said "none of the dash lights comes on," tells me you might not have the remote start hooked up correctly.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with mikvot. Get the truck to remote start with the key in the ignition in the OFF position before even attempting to work on the bypass module. You can keep the wires of the bypass module connected, but unplug it until you get the truck to remote start with the key in the ignition.
robertsc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  

yimke wrote:
Robert- If I said it was easy, I say it all the time. Except for stuff I hate doing.

Its easy if you know what your doing.

Troubleshooting and knowing what to do is half the job.

People always bash our industry they all think its so easy until it dosn't work.

Therefore thinking that we charge to much.

fordguy218 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

mikvot wrote:
Have you tried just putting the key in the ignition, and then remote starting the vehicle? If it does not remote start when you do this, you have more than a bypass issue, and I would concentrate on the actual remote start before messing with the bypass. The fact that you said "none of the dash lights comes on," tells me you might not have the remote start hooked up correctly.

JWorm wrote:
I agree with mikvot. Get the truck to remote start with the key in the ignition in the OFF position before even attempting to work on the bypass module. You can keep the wires of the bypass module connected, but unplug it until you get the truck to remote start with the key in the ignition.

mikvot and Jworm: I've tried this. Obviously, if this doesn't work it's not the bypass but the wiring... any suggestions other than what yimke suggested?

Daniel
fordguy218 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
robertsc wrote:

yimke wrote:

Its easy if you know what your doing.

Troubleshooting and knowing what to do is half the job.

People always bash our industry they all think its so easy until it dosn't work.

Therefore thinking that we charge to much.

robertsc: I don't have a problem paying for a service, but I do believe that $65-$85 per hour is somewhat expensive when I ask for a roundabout figure and the installer can't give me an estimate ("Oh I don't know how long it'll take... I have to break her open and see" - my personal opinion but if you work on vehicles all the time installing systems, you would think you'd have SOMEWHAT of a clue). So I'm trusting this installer to work hard and if he gets lucky I'll get my truck back in 2 hours. Or I may get screwed and it takes him 4 hours and I'm paying $250+... I'll do it myself. If they guy could have given me an answer, I'd trust him more. But don't screw around with people's money.

Not to mention that this guy has absolutely 0% customer service skills. Come on man, be a fellow citizen to society and help a person out when he's trying to learn a skill that you already know. If I have everything (presumably) hooked up properly and there are three wires I'm unsure of... why not just throw me some advice on where I need to go with these?

Daniel
fordguy218 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
What is it that turns the dash on? Is that the ignition wire?
Daniel
robertsc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

I would say you probably have a wrong wire or theres something wrong with the starter.

Did you verify every wire?

fordguy218 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
If there were something wrong with the starter, then my vehicle wouldn't start at all, right? So it must be the wire... I'll have to re-check the wire.
Daniel
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic