icon

Fiberglass Dash How To for my 83 Square B

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
deeg money 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  

Here are the new photo's from today. I worked on it for around 5 hours total I'm guessing. Maybe six at most! I did cut out the old metal dash that the vinyl screw in dash sat on and bolted to. Anyways here they are.

Fiberglass Dash How To for my 83 Square B - Page 2 -- posted image.

So there is what I got done. Thanks to Florida being the wetest F'n place on earth right now I have to wake up at 6 in the morn to start working on it.  Also thanks to the rain I cant work since I have my own landscaping business

Deeg money
"If you cant be good, be good at it"
biggidaman 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
dude dude dude that looks so much better!!! as far as getting the shape of the windshield. try tracing the out side of the windshield with a peice of masking paper. then trace that onto a peice of 1/4 mdf. 1/4 will flex a bit and you can work with that alot better. try that and let mr know how that works for ya
Biggi Kustumz home base operation since 1998. car audio should be fun not work!!!!
deeg money 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I will be working on it Tom and I'll let ya know what I did for it. Oh by the way your dash and console are lookin pretty bad ass so far. I wish I could have my own customs shop. Be easy biggi
Deeg money
deeg money 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  

here are some photo's from today. I will be posting more of what I got done today but Its time for a beer and My gf waitin on me.

In the photo above I have built the shims that will get the 1/4 in mdf to contour to the windshield

in this photo I have screwed in the 1/4 in mdf to the frame of the dash and it fits perfect.

this photo I am just showing an up close of what it looks like.

driver side view of what I have got done and how it looks.

In this photo I have screwed in the main dash piece that will also have another piece on top of it that is 3/4 of and in smaller all the way around with the head unit, speedo, and fuel gauge fiberglassed in that will be painted the color of the truck. The rest of the dash will be vinyl.

Driver side view with the dash piece and the ac vents brad nailed up.

passenger side ac vent nailed up.

Deeg money
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hell ya deeg, lookin good mang, I been wondering where u been
This is what I do for FUN!
biggidaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
awsome man looking great. hey what part of florida you in? i seen in one of your post above you said something about the florida rain.
Biggi Kustumz home base operation since 1998. car audio should be fun not work!!!!
whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2009 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
Looks pretty good so far. It will be nice to see the progress.Fiberglass Dash How To for my 83 Square B - Page 2 -- posted image.
I've done a lot of fiberglass but never a dash yet. I would like to do one sometime but it seems like a lot of work to me. Maybe I'll get a chance to do one sometime.
Until then keep up the good work.
deeg money 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2009 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  

This is my first dash too. Well atleast the entire dash from scratch. I have done a few center pieces in a tacoma I used to have. Seeing biggi's work just gave me tons of ideas on how to do mine and I just ran with it. The biggest thing I can say about buiding one is dont try to rush it, just take your time and dont be in a hurry. Also having a ton of power tools is a big help since a lot of times I cant screw things in but I can brad nail them into place with easy. I have got saws and sanders galore in my dads garage!!

Biggi, I am from jacksonville, FL. Well actually more orange park but most people dont know of it but it is like a suburb of jax. Its all the 904 area code so its considered jax but not the duval area. Are you from FL?? If anyone on here is from jax or surrounding area I am happy to help out with any work you need help with. As long as its not a far drive!!! Anyways I dont know if I will be posting any more pics today cuz I actually have some work to do but I will be working on the truck for a few hours this morning and getting it ready for glassing. I still have to get a steering wheel puller cuz I dont have to have a big area around the steering column to be open or have to attach to the main dash so I am going to just make a small hole for it and put the steering wheel back on when Im done. Thanks guys!

Deeg money
biggidaman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2009 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
taking out the streering colum is best and the best look. but it's a lot of work so i normaly don't do it. but customer's don't realy know the difference. i'm from ocala. not that far from ya. i know where orange park is. the dash has yet to come back from paint. so i won't be putting any more pics up untill then. i hate waiting on other people. holla
deeg money 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2009 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

here are a few pics of the first time I glassed with the fleece. This is not even close to the finished product and I know that there are some spots that wont look right to you but trust me I know what Im going for and you will see it later on. Thanks

Let me know what everyone thinks!!

Deeg money
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic