icon

aux options for 09 f150 remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
09f150 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  

I have a new 2009 F150 Platinum.  Just put in the factory Ford/Code Systems alarm with remote start, the 6-button fob version.  I would like to hook up the defrost and heated seats to my system, but people say I can't because of the module network on these trucks?

Ford's diagram didn't show this, but I have the DEI wiring diagram that identifies the defrost and heated seat wires at the SJB (smart junction box).  Can I hook up the AUX wires on my Ford system to those wires or not?

thanks...

chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
looks like there is a WHITE/ orange wire that comes from your EATC head the controls the rear defrost relay. I would pull out the EATC head and grab it there because it should be easy to get to as the defrost relay is in the battery junction box not the smart junction box.      Its a ground pulse wire,   you would need to test for a pulse or latched activation. That system has both options in the programming menu   if its the ford power code theres a blue/white wire on the C-Harness that is for the rear defrost   it uses the blue start button to turn the function on and off    after the truck starts you can hit that button again and it will turn that feature on and off   
As far as the heated seats go im not seeing much you can tie into with that system as its mostly MS CAN run
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
The rear defrost is latched.
09f150 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

thanks the replies.

Yes it is the Powercode system, I'm familiar how it works (how to turn on the defrost).  Yes, the AUX wires are on the C-harness.  C-11 is AUX2/defrost, a blue/white wire like you said.  C-10 is the AUX1  and it says C-2 is the AUX3 

Now I see I misread the DEI wiring info, it does say these wires are on the HVAC plug, not at the SJB.  Defrost is WHITE/ orange  with a - latched polarity.   Left heated seat is a WHITE/ blue wire with - polarity. and right heated seat is gray / YELLOW with - polarity.

So I couldn't grab those heated seat wires and hook them up to the other AUX wires on the C-harness?

chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  
i see the two wires you are talking about they are the request wires that go from the HVAC head the the heated seat module im not sure how the seats will act using those wires
09f150 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  

ok, maybe  won't mess with them then, don't want to fry anything.

but you think I could hook up the defrost wire with no problems?

just stinks that I have these extra 1 and 2 buttons on my fob and can't really use them on anything.  Somebody else told me that a Ford databus interface is in the works (aftermarket) that will help with tie in the heated seats, etc., but it probably won't work with the Ford rmst.

chev104275 
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
i dont see an issue hooking the rear defrost up make sure you test first
im not sure about the aftermarket interface
Good luck Joe
09f150 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2009 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

well, I think I'm not going to mess with any of those options, don't want to fry anything.

But I came up with a new idea for an option.  My truck does have the power folding mirrors. Could I hook up the C-10 AUX 1 wire from my Powercode alarm to the mirrors?  I don't want the mirrors to fold every time I arm or disarm the alarm, rather I just want to hit the 1 aux button on my fob to fold in the mirrors in or out when I want to.

I got the mirror wiring diagram from the Ford service manual.  It identifies the fold wire coming from the switch, and also identfies the fold out and fold in wires at the relay module (driver seat module/DSM). 

Do you think I could get this to work and how many relays would it take?   Anyone else have experience with the Ford power folding mirrors?

chev104275 
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
looks like FOLD OUT is GREEN/ violet and FOLD IN is violet/brown at the DSM you should be able to use 2 relays 1 for each side and 5 wire them
87 to power
86 to power
85 to ground out aux signal from remote
30 to the mirror side of cut wire
87A to module side of cut wire
do this on both wires
use RED / white and the BLACK/ green from the C- harness and set them to time held or you would need to set up some sort of timer circuit
09f150 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Joe.   So both mirrors would fold with button 1 on the remote?  Also, would my factory mirror switch still work/still fold the mirrors too?

also, do I need to convert the the AUX 1 headlight output to the power sliding door output in the programming option bank 5?

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic