the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

aux options for 09 f150 remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
your factory switch would still work and you would need to use both channels one for fold in and the other for fold out   yes you would need to change from headlight to sliding door
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
09f150 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

hey Joe, I sent you an email earlier today, not sure if you got it.  I was just curious, wouldn't there be a simpler way to hook up the AUX channel to the mirrors by using just the gray/brown folding wire coming from the mirror switch and then let the existing Ford relay module do all the work as far as folding the mirrors?

Steve

chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2009 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
i see the gray/brown you are talking about im not sure on that wire as i dont have a truck to test it it looks like that wire sees ground and the yellow/orange sees power when the fold button is pressed   test it first let us know how you make out
09f150 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2009 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

ok, I'll try this weekend maybe.

I just got that idea because I was looking at the optional connections on the 08 Expedition/Navigator wiring diagram from Ford and it shows you can tap into the power liftgate wire right at the switch, and the defrost wire right at the swtich, and then the headlight wire too directly (no longer requires a relay like it showed in the 02-06 Ford install file for the optional headlight illumination).  I figure the folding mirrors would be similiar to the power liftgate?

side question:  why for 09, they don't list the Expedition in the official 09 Ford install file?  also for the F150 and other SUV's in the 09 install file, they don't list the rear defrost connection in any of the wiring diagrams?  Is everything going to MS CAN Bus and you can no longer make that connection?

chev104275 
Posted: August 04, 2009 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
yes alot of the newer fords are starting to use CAN for there stuff   rear defrost on yours should be at the switch though   as far as the mirrors being like the lift gate there a little different the 2 switches internals are different the lift gate only shows 1 input too the liftgate module for both open and close   that gray/brown may work alone im not sure but from what i can see i doesnt look that way but i dont have a truck to test it out on
09f150 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2009 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

well I didn't have time to mess with any relays, but I tried the gray/brown fold wire by itself and it didn't work.

as far as a relay, a saw on a message thread that someone said you could use just one relay and one AUX channel to get it to work:

Pin85 - 12vdc

Pin86 - Negative when armed
Pin30 - wire from your alarm's AUX channel
Pin87A - Fold Out output
Pin 87 - Fold In Output

Joe, do you think this could work on my truck?

chev104275 
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
the issues i see with that is
1 when the system is armed the relay will always be energized drawing roughly 150ma of current on your battery
2 your aux would only fold the mirrors out when the system is disarmed and only fold them in when the system is armed
you need the see if you can get them to work and how they work before trying to hook them to the system
good luck
09f150 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2009 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  

just an update:  we tested the wires this past weekend but did not make much progress.

The heated seat wire I identified did not do anything, so we didn't hook that up.

We found the violet/brown Fold In wire for the mirrors, hooked it up to a relay, and then it turned out it was the wire just for the driver's side mirror.  What's weird is that it worked the first time we tried the AUX button, but then it wouldn't work again.  We were afraid to fry the DSM or something, so we disconnected the wire/relay, and hooked the wire back together like factory, and the mirrors work fine again with the door switch.  So we decided to scrap that idea.

The defrost wire tested out to be ok to use, but I decided not to hook it up since my other ideas didn't work out.  It's only the side mirror defrost anyways, not a rear window, so I probably wouldn't use it anyways.

madmaxed 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
I know this is an old post, but since I work on the 2009-2010 seats I can offer some insight for getting heated seats to work.
If you only have heated seats (not heat and cool) this is a dumb module mounted under the passenger seat. Once the car is started you should be able to turn on the seats by sending simple pulses to the seat. You would have to hook relays up to specific wires in the seat wiring harness as nothing really goes to the main connector. One pulse will turn on high, next pulse low, third pulse off.
PM me for specifics if you dare to try.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic