icon

06 silverado duramax viper 5901 xk01

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Accord_boy619 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry if this has been posted, but I seared and I couldn't find wut Im really lookin for. Here wut Im planning on:
2006 Silverado Crew Cab Diesel LT1
I want to install Viper 5901 and XK01
I want remote windows also, can I control the 4 windows with the XK01? If so How do I do that? Or do I have to use 2 530Ts and run wires to each door? From wut Ive read the XK01 is needed for my truck is this true? And any other advise is welcome.
Thanx.
xicano21 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
you can only control the front windows with the xko1 module, you would need an extra 530t to make the back windows work
Accord_boy619 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
How do I make the XK01 control the windows? I read the manual and it just list firmwares for it.
xicano21 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

you would extend the door lock pulses from the xko1 module, hook up the module to the alarm and you will have to enable that option from the programming menu on the xko1 and then program the alarm to comfort closure on .

What part of SD are you from ? Im in the North county

Accord_boy619 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2009 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
I grew up in National City but Im in Vegas now, Im in the USAF. So if I want more controlabiliy of the windows I should just get 2 530Ts? Or can I use the 5th and 6th channel of the alarm with the XK01? I want to be able to drop all the windows or if I want just the fronts but roll up all with (arm signal). Yeah Im makin it complicated sorry, did it like this on a Colorado but it was the base model so I didnt have to use any bypass modules.
Accord_boy619 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2009 at 2:10 AM / IP Logged  
Oh and whats the deference between the XK01 and the XK06?
ajstetler 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2009 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
XK01 will do Passlock, door locks, heated seats, window-roll up, things like that on compatible vehicles. The XK06 will only bypass Passlock without all the extras.
BTW the you can use the windows roll up option on the XK01 with 1 relay by following the firmware instructions for your truck. I would go with the XK01 on your truck.
Big Al
Accord_boy619 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Thanx for the replies.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
the xk01 will put the windows up if you hit lock twice on the remote but will not put them down. and i have a viper 5701 w/ an xk01 in my 0 sierra (5.3L gasser)
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like everyone's answered your questions, but just to clarify:
XK06 is only a little cheaper than XK01, and doesn't do doorlocks.....definitely get the XK01.
XK01 will roll your windows up, but not down. The instructions show you to wire up a relay. You also have to enable the feature in the XK01's programming.
Not sure if the XK01 does all four windows on that truck or just the two fronts.
If you want full control of the windows (up/down whenever you want) you'd need window module(s). The front window motor wires are only available inside the doors. Rear doors I'm not sure.
I read somewhere on another forum (from two pro installers) that the 530T won't work on that truck, and you'd instead need a 529T for each window. I'm sorry I don't have any further information to explain why......but that's what I heard.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic