the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

idatalink uploader problems.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

ok, im using this thing for the first time and im having a world of problems with trying to flash this bypass to the right firmware.  but let me start from the beginning. i had the module, ADS-TB, all wired up and into the truck, an 09 f150 basic work truck. i could not get the module to even start to program. it would just sit there with the led blinking red about once a second. i tried resetting the module and it wouldn't even let me do that.

so i look at the diagnostics and it says that a blinking red light meant that either something is wired wrong or the module hasn't been programmed.

i have the weblink uploader and i installed the newest software for it but when i go to flash the bypass from the web site it just tells me that it doesn't detect the weblink uploader at all.

ive tried redownloading the uploader program, restarting the computer, tried every USB port on the computer, im really at a loss here and if anyone has some experience with these things please help me out.

also do you think it might be because we have the 64-bit windows vista and not 32-bit? i was just reading something about it and maybe this is the whole problem?

thanks, Dan

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
make/model of unit?
if you're not using a magicar product(i.e. compustar), you need to set the wiring mode to standard.
not sure it makes a different but that's how i do it prior programming
I also got a ADS-TB that can't be programmed anymore. not sure what happen.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
no, i figured it out finally. it wouldn't let me program anything because it wasn't loaded with any firmware and the reason that i couldn't flash it on the computer was because this computer uses the 64-bit version of vista. so i went home and got my laptop with XP on it and everything worked out like it should have.  that was an all day battle for a relatively easy truck but i got it done finally so next time wont be so bad.
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
I have had the same problem running the updater program.  Look in your idata program list, you should find a stand alone program (idata?....on the other machine) and run it.  It should read module and update site.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged  
I have the same issue, i have to flash my modules on my laptop which is XP. Won't work on my PC...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
i have the same problem it won't recognize my computer i spent the whole afternoon tryning to program module i gave up and i using keyoveride all   if anybody ever figure out how to make it work on vista please post   it    thanks and good luck
soundnsecurity 
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
jmsounds wrote:
i have the same problem it won't recognize my computer i spent the whole afternoon tryning to program module i gave up and i using keyoveride all   if anybody ever figure out how to make it work on vista please post   it    thanks and good luck
it works on vista but only on the 32 bit version. if you go to the welcome center and click "more details" close to the top it will tell you which version you are running. there is a way to make the 64 bit vista change to the 32 bit version(both are included) you just need to find the setting on the computer and change it and it should work. and you also need to download the weblink uploader 4.1 software from idatalink.com and maybe after all that you might need to restart your computer but it should work.
racing_bidule 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2009 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, sorry I wasn't around to help when the thread started...

The guys here are absolutely right, the FTDI drivers aren't responding well under windows 64. We are doing our best to adjust rapidly.

If you ever encounter bugs with your weblink drivers, feel free to contact us; you will find a local support phone number in the support area of our website we are usually quick to find the appropriate fixes. (support only for 12Volt professional installers, we are not providing support to end users. End users are required to obtain support through their vendors)

As a side note, a new activeX driver will be available by (mid) next week. We strongly suggest all our users to move on the new activeX driver instead of using the 4.1 current version.

The activeX will offer more versatility, better support and easier updates. WIN 64 will not be supported on its first release but the coders team are working hard to provide you the required update as soon as possible.

Best regards!

If you fail on your first attempt, at least destroy all evidence you tried!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic