icon

fiat in the us

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2009 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
Point taken, some roads do stick in the mind, I hated living in Florida some years ago, I almost longed for a hill or a twisty bend.  Just to clinch this post, look up the Fiat Multipla on Wiki etc.  About 03 model.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry to come back to this but I actually got suckered into working on one today, correcting someone else's install on a Fiat Stylo. A newish vehicle (about 3 years old) the size of a Golf/Focus.

The glove box has the following:- 3 x 5mm hex bolts, 8 x T20, 1 x pozidrive.

Steering cowl, 5 x 3mm hex head bolts (try getting them up past the three inch depth access holes, as I tighten up one, using a normal screwdriver, and remember I'm 63 next month with severe repetetive strain in my wrists with little leverage, I managed to shear the screw in half!

The cowling over the battery and under hood cowl has 3 bolts which look like Bristol spline fixings (aircraft and some VW door hinge bolts), actually a 4mm (3/16") flat driver works perfectly!

You wonder why I hate them?

lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

We have Fiat 126P comming in next week.   My supply of left over screws should be topped up.  Happy birthday, suggetion for a gift, we have these neat little inventions over here called an electric screwdriver with interchanable tips. 

Hate them, no just have a gallon of wire before start working on one, just like those who build them.

We build our roads nice and straight because we spend way to much time swerving around the idiots on them, and if your throw in a curve we're in deep .....

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
Sarcasm will get you an instant reply,  3 x electrics, 3.5, 10.8 and 18 volts, all lithium and yes in my drill case are all the usual suspects, Trx, Philips posi, hex head , security bits and of course taptites. I go through philips and t20s like there's no tomorrow but I was making the point that I had to use a regular 3mm hex hand driver (left over from the old Nokia handset bases) because of access problems.  Maybe Fiats fixings are made by Snap-Off?
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
No, they are using Chrysler parts now.  Use once and hope it doesn't fall apart before the customer drive away.  Maybe your hand streangth is improved by the transfer of electrons from all that equipment.  Stil the odd broken screw beats broken clips, sockets and rattles.   They use to say about British cars, if a part doesn't do at least three different things, it wasn't needed.  The Italians take the opposite view, use at least five different kinds of screws so no one steals it. 
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic