icon

can 10’s be heard from a distance?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
livinloud247 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
Are 10's able to be heard from distance? Say 2 10" Kicker CVX's?
jimi77 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  

livinloud247 wrote:

Forcing people who have interest in listening to your music to listen to is rude and inconsiderate.  To create the biggest public nuisance, I would suggest different subs (Audioque SDs come to mind).  Go with the largest enclosure/subs you can fit.   

You talking to me???
P9 Combo
ID CD1-Pros
Focal Utopia Midbass
10" Brahma
Clarion APX amps
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  

livinloud247 wrote:

Yes!

jssmith 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  

I have (1) CVX10-2 powered by a KX350.2 bridged @ 4§Ù (350 RMS) in a 02 F150 SuperCrew under the back seat. It is mistaken for (2) 12's all the time, no one believes it's just (1) 10". It's not all about the driver size, tho size does matter (LOL!) more importantly in my opinion is the enclosure build, this will make or break any sub. Remember I'm comparing apples to apples here, sure (15) 15"s will be heard further than the (1) 10". What I'm saying here is that if i just barely had enough air space for say (2) 12's by factory spec's minimum I'm going w/ (1) 12" and making my build as big as possible not going over the factory spec's. This is just my opinion, i like the deep low bass and more air space is whats needed for this other than just factory spec minimum.

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
On the last install I did with those subs the guy was capable of 147db measured outlaw powered by a single KX1200.1    He does alot of street beat runs where you have a 30 second average using music, in that style he has averaged 143-144db.    This is in a kia Spectra 5.   SO yes, you can hear him blocks away.
I wouldnt decide on a system based on how far away it can be heard, like others have said...I work with car audio equipment very very often and it annoys me when people pull up all windows down blaring some shat I dont want to hear.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
jssmith wrote:

I have (1) CVX10-2 powered by a KX350.2 bridged @ 4§Ù (350 RMS) in a 02 F150 SuperCrew under the back seat. It is mistaken for (2) 12's all the time, no one believes it's just (1) 10". It's not all about the driver size, tho size does matter (LOL!) more importantly in my opinion is the enclosure build, this will make or break any sub. Remember I'm comparing apples to apples here, sure (15) 15"s will be heard further than the (1) 10". What I'm saying here is that if i just barely had enough air space for say (2) 12's by factory spec's minimum I'm going w/ (1) 12" and making my build as big as possible not going over the factory spec's. This is just my opinion, i like the deep low bass and more air space is whats needed for this other than just factory spec minimum.

Thats what Im talkin about! People always guessing you got more than you do. That's a system!
This is what I do for FUN!
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
people use to mistake my single 8W7 for 12's all the time. the output was ridiculous considering it was just one 8.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
BoxRox(r)...? can 10’s be heard from a distance? -- posted image. (sounds like a sale...!?)
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
jimi77 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2009 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  

ianarian wrote:
Thats what Im talkin about! People always guessing you got more than you do. That's a system!

I've always perferred a system where they don't even notice the sub(s) until a bass heavy song comes on....  can 10’s be heard from a distance? -- posted image.

You talking to me???
P9 Combo
ID CD1-Pros
Focal Utopia Midbass
10" Brahma
Clarion APX amps
vibrationcustum 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2009 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
I love it when people are standing there and trying to figure out where it is coming from and when they find out they are shocked on how hard it hits.
I make people mad all the time doing that with my van because my van is a daily driver and everywhere I go beating the block (blocks) down and I thank that people need to get over that I am loud and not call the police on me. crap happens.
Sorry system update got another ovn1-5500d on order be here friday. Hope my numbers go up. Running 11000watts in my van can't wait.
Can't be loud then don't have it.
(power acoustik system)
Head unit- TID-896 7" TOUCHSCREEN
ovn1-5500d 09 and another one coming soon
4-12" mofos 12ft3 box to 40hz (wall)
2 batterys, 1 power
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic