icon

faulty relay?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
subric 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  

I have a security/keyless entry module under my driver's seat and an after market car starter.

It's a 2000 acura EL 1.6

There's a relay switch connected to the module for the car starter .

The only thing that seems to open is the trunk,  ALL other doors are not unlocking.  Also, the starter isn't kicking in. I can't turn the car on.

I tested the 12P and 18P connectors which connect to the security/keyless module. To test, you have to disconnect them.

When I jumper the trunk release to the battery, it opens the trunk  When I try to jumper the doors to the battery, the doors do not unlock. 

The OEM key fob is not unlocking the doors or trunk. The after market key dongle can unlock the trunk only, not the doors

Also, when I plug in the 12P connector into the security/keyless module, it starts buzzing.

Could it be possible that the relay or wiring is faulty and preventing the car from starting and doors from unlocking?

skwearl 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  

what type of after market car starter do you have?

what type of bypass module (if any) does it use?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic