icon

561r parking light hookup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
You will have to try it.  I think it is going to be longer than you are thinking. 
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
.4 seconds will be a long, loud honk. If you have a stopwatch handy (my cell phone has one), try it by hand and see what you think.
Most DEI systems with a horn honk output have a 50-millisecond (0.05 seconds, right? I think) output. It's obnoxious and too loud when it's late at night.
The Audiovox systems I install have a 16-millisecond as a default....sounds just about (but not exactly) like the factory GM horn honk.
I, too, don't care for the 561R's single lock/unlock button. I'm sure you've realized this by now, but for just a few dollars more, the 562T would have given you a second remote, proper lock and unlock buttons, and a horn output.
Doorlock switch:
They did make some Silverados with power doorlocks, but without power windows. They might be a little rare to find at junkyards.
You might try to see if you could get those switches from either the junkyard or a dealer.
Otherwise, you could just find any switch that suits your taste.........you want this: SPDT, momentary, center off ........... that is, Single Pole, Double Throw.........momentary (only stays in the "on" position while your'e holding it) center off (like it says, at rest you're in the "off" position).
You could get some kind of toggle or rocker switch from Radio Shack or partsexpress.com.
You might just look around the junkyard for any kind of car that has a power doorlock switch you think would look nice in your truck.
At any rate, so you have that 451M in there, right? And you remember the small, three-wire cable, that goes from the 451M to the 561R, right?
Just splice into the small green and blue wires in that cable....... applying a momentary ground to the green will lock the doors, and ground to the blue will unlock.
denko1030 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  

I guess i will prob not do the horn trick if it is that long. I do not want to wiz off the neighbors lol. As far as the switch for the do locks I would never thought of splicing into the 451m. That is awesome. You guys rock. I really appreciate all the help.

Dennis

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
So you are not going to try the Relay, capacitor and resistor?
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
denko1030 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

Well i just hooked up my parking lights and they work great. To my surprise they do flash once for lock and twice for unlock. So i do not htink that I am going to try the horn thing. All i needed was a way to tell if my doors are locked or unlocked.

You guys rock as far as all the help you have given me I can't thank you all enough.

Dennis

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic