icon

561r parking light hookup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
denko1030 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2009 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i am trying to install the 561r in my 2003 GMC sierra base model. I have the dei wire hook up but I tested the grey/glack wire and i am not getting 12volts with the parking light on. I am using a digital multimeter. There are two grey black wires and neither of them test. Can someone help me on this please.

Also is there a way to hook up the horn to the 561r so it honks when the doors lock?

Thanks

Dennis

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 12, 2009 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
It is the one located in the Brown colored plug at location B2.
The horn honk with lock option has been covered in the forums already. Search came back with this thread here.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2009 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
The grey/black wire will test as (-) when the lights are on.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
1. Like JWorm said, that car has negative parking lights.
2. The 561R is a very basic model, with not only no horn output, but has a single lock/unlock button.
What are you using to control the locks on that truck?
If you're using a databus module, usually if you lock the doors two times in a row, the horn will honk.....just like factory.
However, the 561R's antiquated single lock/unlock button won't allow you to lock the doors twice.
Any chance that the 561R has a programmable selection for "double pulse lock?" I'm sure it'll have "double pulse unlock,".........but if you could somehow get it to double pulse when locking, that'd give you the horn.
denko1030 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks everyone for the response. I will try to hook up the lights later today. I did try a digital multimeter to the two grey black wires but maybe i will just locate the b2 one and splice into it and change my jumper settings.

I am bummed about the horn honk. My other disappointment is the single lock and unlock. It is hard to tell if I locked my doors or unlocked them. I wonder if there is a way to program the remote for the aux to lock and the lock unlock to just unlock. I do not think so but it is worth a shot.

I was suprised how easy it was to install. Everything worked on the first try.

I was thinking about putting a switch in the door also to lock unlock my new electric door locks that I had to add since it never had them. I used a 451m relay for the locks. Any one have any advise on how to wire this switch?

Thanks again everyone,

Dennis

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sure the relay diagramme for double pulse lock and unlock was once posted here. If you have no luck with a site search, PM me with your email address and I'll try and dig it out.
denko1030 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks howie II. My truck never had that option on it since it was a base model truck. I did an after market add on electric door locks. I was brain stroming and wondering if i could run a wire from the power lock side of the acuator to the horn and make it beep when the doors lock. I saw something like this on the posted link above but why would you really need a capasitor? Not sure. Or even if i do get these lights hooked up if they at least flash when it is locked. I know it can be done. I just need to figure out how LOL.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,673
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
The purpose of the capacior in the earlier mentioned post, is to shorten the door lock pulse.  I know you are saying hey, why would I want to do that?  Unless your alarm is programmable for a very short lock pulse, you will need to use the setup to have the horn honk for a shorter time. 
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,673
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

Chris Luongo wrote:
I'm pretty sure the only thing you can do with off-the-shelf parts like capacitors is extend the pulse, not reduce it.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=112480&KW=horn+honk+lock#542074

In the above diagram, the relay will be energized only briefly each time the switched negative input goes negative.  It will disengage once the capacitor is charged.  The diagram is labeled Constant to momentary.  The door lock pulse is simply a short constant input.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
denko1030 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
So the only reason to use the relay and capacitor is to shorten the pluse. I can program the pluse to .4 of a sec. That should be a quick honk. Right?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic