icon

remote start using relays

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fkuk 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
could you send me a link to a remote start box which has no remote it works by being pluged into an assory wire in a clifford alarm
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

I would look in to a Boa 165b

They are made by DEI and have a (-) activation input.  There is one on Ebay now for $30US.

They come with a remote which has TERRIBLE range, but you can basically throw the remote away as you will be using your AUX output to trigger the 165b to start the car.  I have had a Boa unit on one of my cars for years now and the brain is solid, as long as you are less then 10' from the car!

Kevin Pierson
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
I'm really not happy with this post, just glad we all have liability protection, the C100 has two aux outputs,grey/purple and grey/blue, either can be made to work as the * button, just go to level 4 on user programming.  Except that fkuk hasn't told us anything about his car and whether it's auto or manual. DEI do an add- on in the UK that could be used although an Intellistart would still be the simplest best chance, wire up, plug and play, especially with a manual transmission. Re that liability Clause, Chris you're 3,000 miles away, the rest further, I'm in the bloody UK bet you only a few miles from this guy.
fkuk 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
I'm really not happy with this post, just glad we all have liability protection, the C100 has two aux outputs,grey/purple and grey/blue, either can be made to work as the * button, just go to level 4 on user programming.  Except that fkuk hasn't told us anything about his car and whether it's auto or manual. DEI do an add- on in the UK that could be used although an Intellistart would still be the simplest best chance, wire up, plug and play, especially with a manual transmission. Re that liability Clause, Chris you're 3,000 miles away, the rest further, I'm in the bloody UK bet you only a few miles from this guy.
what are you trying to say?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

From your questions, you know nothing about installations, safety factors, crank time etc etc. You will probably spend more on the relays than an R/S unit costs me trade, plus a lot of time, also if your car is German, built to UK spec, ie BMW,  Mercedes, VAG Vauxhall etc, it will have a factory transponder immobiliser. ANY car built for sale in Europe from 01/01/97 has one. Do you know how to by-pass it?  What if your car is manual, you leave it in gear facing downhill etc. etc.?   You still haven't read the site rules where it asks you to state make model and year of car.

As an average London area example, depending on vehicle, the add-on price including labour would be around £200. I quote from £150. No dealer here would be allowed to sell you one over the counter.

fkuk 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
im asking general stuff because at this moment i dont have a car so i could buy any car
Also im glad i don t live near you, bringing up downy assed techinicallitys
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
If the alarm you currently have isn't even installed then sell it and buy what you need - that will ultimately be the easiest thing to do.
Kevin Pierson
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2009 at 3:23 AM / IP Logged  
Would have saved us all some time and effort if you'd have said that first. Kevin is spot on, get rid of the Con 100 which is probably 5-10 years old and start again, then PM me for installation, I'm saying this because I've seen 2 blatant adverts in the posts this week.
fkuk 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2009 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
what people telling me what item is best to get is an advert i dont think so, also your telling me to get a prebuilt alram too so your backing up the so called adverts
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 3:35 AM / IP Logged  
Two things; most of the people who replied to your post are full time highly expereinced pros.  Any advice you were given was unbiased based on our own experience.  No one tried to sell you a particular product, you mentioned a Con 100 and I suggested a reliable known quality product that would work most easily with this. In fact adverts don't last on this site; posted adverts are shut down within 2 days and the posters are barred.  To take it a stage further there are only 2 R/S type products available in the UK, both from the same manufacturer that will work, yes there's a lot of flea-bay product around, it's garbage and it won't work if at all. So please get away from your ignorance based attitude.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic