clarion eqs746

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 19, 2009 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  

WOW

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
i_want_the_boom 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2009 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

The power wire of the EQ should connect to the same point that the yellow wire of your radio is  connected.  The ground should connect to the ground connection of your radio.  The remote wire of hte EQ connects to the Blue/White wire of the radio.

How hard is this to understand?

If the trunk dont rattle then its not loud.
If it's to loud then you're to old.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2009 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
Dude... Connect the power wires of the EQ to the SAME wires that you connected the radio to. Black to black (or both of those to the chassis), red to red, yellow to yellow, remote to remote. Solder and shrink-wrap the connections. DO NOT use "black tape", unless you want to get the adhesive all over you the next time you have to go in there... The heat in a car REALLY works the adhesive on electric tape, and turns it into a gooey mess.
Dude. Really. Seriously. If you can't understand the simple installation of an EQ, do you TRULY want to attempt to install an entire system install yourself? As of this point right now, I can see that you are well on your way to burning your car to the ground.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2009 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
is it a good idea to put a fuse between the EQ and the deck? thanks guys! love you!
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 19, 2009 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
There is no need for a fuse between the 2 units.  The wire that provides power to the deck is already fused.  Don't go looking too hard for a red wire on your EQ, It should have only yellow blue and black.
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 2:45 AM / IP Logged  
okay i finally got the EQ.
you said to turn off the HPF on my deck right? but when i do that my interior speakers play more bass and my sub is really loud. which knob on the EQ that can take out bass from the speakers?
i am an idiot 
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  
Are your Door/Dash/Rear Deck speakers connected to an amplifier?  Does that amp have a built in crossover?  Does the EQ have a built in crossover?  Did you buy the EQ just for your subs?
deeg money 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  
I just read all of the posts on this topic and It seems to me like you are doing a lot of work and maybe even messing up your system for a $43 piece of equipment that isnt even needed. I had a friend like that once. It was always great having a better set up than him due to the fact that I kept it simple. I dont want to be negative here but if you had that hard of a time getting it connected, how are you going to be able to tune it properly to make your setup sound better? Just wondering. Well I hope it works out and let us know how it goes! Thanks and good LUCK!!!
Deeg money
"If you cant be good, be good at it"
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
yes my door speakers are connected to a RF Punch 240x4. yes it has a built in crossover; theirs no knob adjustments for the crossover. check the amp out its really old you'll know what im talking about. yes the EQ has a built in crossover (that is what is says on the box). i bought the EQ to adjust the tone of my music.
"deeg money" im glad i bought this EQ. i installed it myself and it looks great clarion eqs746 - Page 5 -- posted image., trust me. my bass and highs sound so much better. its just i see my mids are producing alot of bass and i just want to cut it off a little. thanks for you input.
i am an idiot 
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

Use the crossover in the EQ or the amp.

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic