icon

5701 trunk pin/instant trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bondsman 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  

Installed the Viper 5701 on my 2005 F250 with great results thanks to this site.  I am currently having 1 issue.

When I lock/arm the system I get the normal chirp then a few seconds later I get a second chirp and the lock and function lights light up and the error sound comes from the remote.

I do not have the H1/7 Trunk pin/instant trigger (-) hooked up because I have no trunk.  It is just taped up under the dash.  That error code the remote emits is a zone 1 fault which is the trunk pin.  Am I supposed to ground this wire or what?  I looked at the settings to see if there is an option to change this but there is not.  I don't have the hood pin installed yet and it is set to normally open so it won't trigger but there aren't any settings for the trunk pin

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
You have the hood pin programed to 'normally open'? That is only for some cars with a factory hood pin that shows ground when closed, and 'open' when the hood is open.
Change the hood pin back to normally closed and you should be fine.
You do not ground the H1/7 if it is not being used.
bondsman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  
I will give it a shot but I think the hood pin is in a different zone.
ajones7279 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, change the hood pin back if you don't have it grounded, and just de-pin the trunk pin wire and you should be fine.
bondsman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
Alright the hood pin is set to normally open so it won't trigger.  There is no trunk pin and the wire is taped off.  I am still getting the error code.  Does the trunk pin trigger wire which is a negative trigger need to be grounded or have power supplied to it?  Should the error be caused by something else?  It seems to only happen when I get out of it after driving, shut it down, then lock it.  If I lock it now after it has been sitting it doesn't give the error.  I just started the remote start sequence and shut it down before it started, then armed/locked and it gave me the error again.  Could it be computer related or something?  What else it reported in zone 1 on this thing?
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
So, when you arm the truck...the siren chirps once, and than a few seconds later it chirps again? If this is the case, it's just telling you that a zone is open....it's not telling the specific zone. My guess, is that you used the domelight for the door trigger, and since the domelight has a delay...it is causing the alarm to see this zone open during arming. If this is the case, you can change feature 2-4 to off in the programming menu.
bondsman 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

mikvot wrote:
So, when you arm the truck...the siren chirps once, and than a few seconds later it chirps again? If this is the case, it's just telling you that a zone is open....it's not telling the specific zone. My guess, is that you used the domelight for the door trigger, and since the domelight has a delay...it is causing the alarm to see this zone open during arming. If this is the case, you can change feature 2-4 to off in the programming menu.

That was it.  Thank you!!!  All fixed now...

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2009 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
No problem. Glad to help.
ajones7279 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2009 at 2:23 AM / IP Logged  
Beat me to it. When a zone is active during arming, the siren emits a second beep to let you know a zone was bypassed. The number of times the led flashes = the bypassed zone.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic