icon

1993 toyota camry le

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
i still have an alarm installed in my car but it doesnt work for some reason. whenever i disconnect my car's negative battery lead and put connect it back on, the alarm goes on ARMED mode and the red alarm light blinks and my car wont start (no cranking at all). but their is a kill switch at the bottom left of the driver's seat that disarms the alarm and the blinking red light goes away; car starts up.
sometimes when im driving the alarm arms itself and the light blinks and i hear a ticking noise coming from the alarm box. and when i turn off the engine it wont start back up then i use the kill switch.
is their a way i can remove this alarm safely and have everything to normal? thank guys. i love you guys.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

Yes i'm sure there is a way you can remove it completely, you would have to look under the driver's dash for the control module, if you are having difficulty locating it, trace it back from the red blinking light, when you find it you can either disconnect the control module, and make sure the car starts perfectly when you do, or you can go through the process of removing the wires entirely, if it's your personal vehicle i recommend the latter one!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  

Yes the rocker witch is the one that locks and unlocks the doors, you won't have to take the door panel off, unless the module is inside the door, which i don't believe it is, The last time i did a toyota of that vintage the module was located on the left side of the vehicle, that's my left, to you that would be the right.

Also check all fuses to ensure they are fine even the ones that don't pertain to the locks, and using the fuse diagram on the covers make sure all fuses are in the correct place in the fuseboxes.

imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
the control module is that box right? that makes clicking noise when it arms itself? what do you mean by "latter one"?
so basically i just unplug everything right?
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
so the module is located to the right? i seen a relay there. its black and has a couple of plugs. its on the lower right of the passenger side. do i replace it?
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
You have to ensure it's the locking module first! do you have a meter?
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
Yes that's the one! When i said the latter one i meant my last suggestion, which would be to remove each wire from the car!
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
i have a meter. but im not sure if the right meter.
it has 2 prongs (pos./neg.). theirs 3 different options: OHMS RX10 RX1K, ACV 10-500, DCV 25-500, and DCmA 250-500.
is this the meter your talking about? it says "AC10V ONLY" by there meter scale.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
Not to sound harsh, but this is going to be very hard! Set the meter to DCV anywhere between 12 and 20 volts will be fine, have you verified where you are hearing the clicking of the locking module from?. This isn't for you, impuabove, if anyone on here knows exactly where that locking module is in his specific vehicle could you please post it up it would help alot.
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
okay so the locking module isnt behind the door panel for sure right?
about the meter.. am i going to check the relay? how exactly would i do that?
i think i need to open the door panel because the lock is so jammed.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic