icon

single 10 or pair of 8's suggestions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
Well It looks like im going to be building a small setup to keep me busy in the GF's vehicle.   We are tossing the idea around of a Pair or 8's or a single 10" sub.   
The Sub or Subs will be powered by a Old Kicker XS100 that does roughly 1000 at 1 ohm.
Looking for something that will work well in 1 cu ft sealed enclosures, I might get a litlle more, but I am building FG enclosures to go behind the rear panels and in the cuby behind the wheel wells in a Mazda CX-7, so airspace will be limited.
Recently over the weekend I was listening to a pair of Ditigal Design 1508 subs, had the same amount of power I am looking to run, ut was in a ported enclosure, which I really am not looking to do for this.
So far she is getting the XS100 out of the stash in the basment, and looks like we will be getting a Eclipse Double DIN DVD/NAV combo so she can find her way around.
Any Sugestions on subs?
Max power we have is 1000-1100WRMS
Max mounting depth is about 4 inches
Max Airspace per sub is 1-1.25cuft
Budget.....I guess $300 would be nice.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
I got an Eclipse Ti that I'll sell ya cheap... OOH! I also have a VERY clean AuraSound 10. The pretty purple neo one... It's rated 1kW on the money... Likes small enclosures, IIRC
If interested, I'll make ya a smokin' deal on either one... (Prefer to sell the Aura... JUST got the Eclipse...)
Oh... Just read the mounting depth... These are both a bit deeper than that, but inverted, they'd work!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
PM SENT!    send me some pics and specs on the aura, I looked on thier site and didnt find a 10" with a neo motor, so you have be intrested
2007 World Record
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
Replied... However, I had me a BLONDE moment, and didn't include the spec sheet!
Here it is...
And here's the page from which it comes...
That'll spark your memory, I think. single 10 or pair of 8's suggestions -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
I noticed the coil config and dont know if I really wannt only run the XS at 2 ohm....considering that is a DVC sub..couldnt find any info where it said it had 2 coils.
What coild are on your TI?
The Aura says 400WRMS....granted it will be clean but if yours is a D2 model would it like 1100 or so?!
I need to find something that nets me a 1 ohm load, dang old AB amps dont come alive till low impedance.     If it comes down to it, I could always run the sub on a ZR600.   That thing has been benched at 880@2@.041THD
2007 World Record
haemphyst 
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
Well... The Ti is a DVC4, but the Aura is only a SVC4. The terminals are a bit misleading: if you look at it, there are two terminals on each side, but they are simply pass-thrus.
The spec sheet MIGHT be a different series woofer, just sharing the model number. On mine, there is a sticker right on it saying 1000W. In the past, I have run these drivers myself at less than 250W, and they sounded FANTASTIC. In fact, I installed one on a bridged HCCA225, for 100WRMS, and I couldn't believe it's "ground-pounding" abilities - to me, anyway. For a single 10" driver, they are very capable. Vented cabinet, to be sure, but it still rocked, and sounded awesome to boot.
I'm wondering if DYohn can vouch for them, as well... Maybe dwarren (if we ever see him again)... Very much an SQ driver first, but certainly can belt out the SPL when asked!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
I can certainly vouch for Aurasound woofers.  I love them and used to use one of their NS15's in my 2-channel system in the house.  Outstanding build quality and very accurate low distortion output.  Here's their product information page:  http://www.aurasound.com/public/speakercomponents/body.html
Support the12volt.com
soccerballzs 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

de-spammed by mod

soccerballzs9
haemphyst 
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
I smell SPAM...
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
well I will let you know in the coming weeks.   I will have to pull the panels and get some more measuremets and see exactly how much airspace I can get and how much depth I have.
SQ is first priority, I know its backwars for me, but getting old, having a child now, means its time to take it down a notch....or 20 notches!
SPL might be over for me after this year, devoting the winter to the CX-7 project and finishing My Drag Car...You really dont think I just sold the CRX do ya? LOL   Nope full on drag race car in the works!
2007 World Record

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic