icon

headunit for ipod

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
i have currently have an ida-x200. its okay but im having trouble searching my music. it doesnt show the whole title, artist, etc. does anyone personally know a headunit that is great for an ipod. a headunit where its easy and convenient. its hard search for music with this headunit. thanks.
ryounger1234 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
I got a JVC arsenal HU that I have really been impressed with. It show artist, title, has multi-color display, etc. Even charges iPod through USB or will play music through Bluetooth connection if u have it. I got mine on sale for 220.00 + tax. Well worth if IMO.
Ryan Younger
djrankin004 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  

pioneer deh-p5100ub. Plug the i-pod into the rear usb(not the front) and it has the best ipod interface i've used thus far.

imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
what about the deh-p4000ub? does that have easy ipod control?
djrankin004 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
not as easy. The 5100ub has a three line readout which i dont believe the 4000 has. It makes it easier especially if you have a large amount of songs on your ipod . You can actually search songs, artist, etc. by letter. Go into any best buy and they should have one on display to play with.
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
how about the deh-p6000ub?
what i dont like about pioneer headunits, the max volume is like 60 right? so you'd have to crank it up to like 40 for it to be loud right?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

imupabove wrote:
i have currently have an ida-x200. its okay but im having trouble searching my music. it doesnt show the whole title, artist, etc. does anyone personally know a headunit that is great for an ipod. a headunit where its easy and convenient. its hard search for music with this headunit. thanks.

How old is your ipod?

imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
its a 3rd generation nano.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

iPod Interface: The iDA-X200 allows you to connect an iPod in two ways: using the USB cable supplied with the head unit, or with the optional Full Speed connection cable (item number 500KCE422i). Before connecting an iPod to this unit, you should download the latest available firmware version for your iPod from the Apple iPod website. You can connect 5th generation and newer iPods via included USB cable (this includes 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation iPod nano, iPod 5th generation, iPod classic, and iPod touch). With the USB connection you get the fastest speed available and a direct digital connection to the unit's 24-bit DAC. The controls on the iPod are not functional with either connection. The iDA-X200 does not support any video transfer. You can quickly and easily search through all of the music contained on your iPod through Playlist, Artist, or Album searches. You can view Artist, Album, Song Information and Song Number right on the head unit's display. The iDA-X200 is compatible with the following iPod models:

• USB Connection:
    • 5th generation iPod
    • 1st generation iPod nano
    • 2nd generation iPod nano
    • 3rd generation iPod nano
    • iPod classic (80/120/160GB)
    • 1st generation iPod touch
    • 2nd generation iPod touch
  • Full Speed Cable Connection:
    • 4th generation iPod
    • iPod mini
    • 5th generation iPod