icon

my factory alarm is posessed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2009 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 1993 cadillac deville. And I thought I was having problems with spark my plugs are the reasoning for the hard starts I was wrong. 5am I get woken up to a alarm to a car that noone is touching its in the garage. I pop the hood check the battery 12.40 while the car is off alt got the same reading car start up no problem. The battery was getting 14.25 idling and the same for the alternator however the alternator reading kept jumping from 14v to 1 and back up this is what has me like huh and the alt was warm while the engine was cold which leads me to belivie I may have a bad battery. I had the car only 3 days so the what's been changed and not I'm working on. The first night it wasn't parked at my house I got a call it was going off. The second night key fob problems , because I park near a power line it sometimes doesn't work the first time. And tonight it goes off but in a garage so I know I have something wrong.Any suggestions
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 28, 2009 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
With a 1993 the first thing I would check is the actual door pin / trunk pin / hood pin sensors to see if there is any wear or corrosion on any of them.  I would probably start with the hood first and work my way back.
Kevin Pierson
still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2009 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Yea I checked the door jams and the trunk isn't wired to the alarm I can open it when its activated. I was told the alarms go wacko when the battery is dieing so I took the car to autozone to have the battery tested failed. I been driving on the bad battery for three days didn't know the battery was dead is it possbile my alternator is screwed up too the car starts up and I don't have any dash lights on
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5
still_walkin 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
So here's the update the factory alarm keyless fob works in certin areas and some it does equals unrealiable, so I'm gonna upgrade. I was thinking the matrix 12.5, matrix 50.77x, matrix 1x, viper 5002 or the viper 3002. But I really like the clifford g5. The main concern I want the key to control the igntion and still have acess with it. But this caddy has the security chip in the key so buy gettin a new system will that make the key useless cuz I don't have a key. Kinda bummed don't wanna be stuck with this alarm. And for extras I want a digital tilt sensor,back up battery, and a extra horn in the interior for a ear treatment. Any suggestions before I goto the shop blind sighted
1993 sdv
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
78nova
Xtx-500.5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic