icon

eclipse cd3200 blown fuse?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2009 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
You checked it with the ground in the radio harness...? If so...Im sure you checked the in-line or blade fuse...? All the voltage was ok...? Next step would be to bench test the radio...outside of the car...! Twist the red and yellow wires together and put to 12v...Black lead to ground...Some radio's have a reset buton on it...Lets press and hold the reset for about 7-10 seconds...Hows the connection look between the faceplate and the radio...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:
You checked it with the ground in the radio harness...? If so...Im sure you checked the in-line or blade fuse...? All the voltage was ok...? Next step would be to bench test the radio...outside of the car...! Twist the red and yellow wires together and put to 12v...Black lead to ground...Some radio's have a reset buton on it...Lets press and hold the reset for about 7-10 seconds...Hows the connection look between the faceplate and the radio...?
I checked with the ground in the harness ,but there was no visible inline fuse. All the voltage was good up to the harness .I tried the reset button several times and nothing.I just checked the connections between the faceplate and the h/u everything seems to be ok no breaks,clean,nothing loose.I cant bench test it becuase its under warranty and i would have to cut the wires from the harness to test it
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  

spmpdr wrote:
tommy... wrote:
I checked with the ground in the harness ,but there was no visible inline fuse. All the voltage was good up to the harness .I tried the reset button several times and nothing.I just checked the connections between the faceplate and the h/u everything seems to be ok no breaks,clean,nothing loose.I cant bench test it becuase its under warranty and i would have to cut the wires from the harness to test it

If it is under warranty TAKE IT BACK WHERE YOU BOUGHT IT.  Get it fixed.  Do it now.

Support the12volt.com
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
I bought it from an online retailer so i have to wait for approval etc etc.. But if i tamper with the wiring they wont warranty it.
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
So how do they want you to go about diagnosing the problem...Just ship it back...? Worse case, you could just slide some wires into the after-market harness that is attached to radio harness...The squares are usually big enough to slide another in...! 3 wires...Just a thought...! Unplug it from the car...So the radio's harness...and the aftermarket harness that plugs into car all come out with it......Take radio to the power supply your going to use...And test...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah they want me to ship it back to them but your wiring idea is really good i will test it that way .can i test it directly off of the battery of my truck just RED / yellow to positive terminals and groun to chassis?
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2009 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
Yep...And it might not hurt throwing a fuse in-line...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2009 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
And if you did send it back...you would not leave the aftermarket harness on there...??? How do they know that your not installing it for first time...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2009 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
true they wouldnt know either way and I wouldnt leave the aftermarket harness on anyway thanks again.
richl68 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2009 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

If you unplug the radio and just leave the power connected....red,yellow, black....does it still have the same problem?

is it possible that one of the speakers blew or is grounding out? I have the same radio and i never have had any issues with it. 

There is a inline fuse on the yellow wire its in that clear/white looking barrel.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic