icon

2010 toyota transponder bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2009 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone know what bypass works on the 2010 Toyota Camry? We tried using a PKALL which I think are garbage for Toyota vehicles and it did not work. It progammed but not remote start. I had that happening on a couple of those bypasses. We now use idatalink for Toyotas but it just sucks when you wire everything up and know it is the right wires and not work. It is such a waste of time. Tried calling tech support and got basically no answer. I checked idatalink and they do not have anything on the website that works with that vehicle.
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2009 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

crimestopper makes one and i think is the same as pkall it should work i use keyoveride all and they work fine   i did come across a problem with a 2009 tacoma  iprograme the keyoveride all it would programed but it will not remote start until i call tech support not crimestopper but   (ifar) and they told me to try programing with a different key   and it work  they said some toyotas and lexus you have to try two keys sometimes

try programing with a different key       good luck

enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2009 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
That happened to us and fortin tech support asked us to use a different key. We did and it still didn't work.
snisen02 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2009 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
is it a metal key camry or a smart key camry??
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2009 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
It is a regular key.
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2009 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  

Bump...so i'm gessing a 556u is in order for now???

yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2009 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
I've never had a problem with the PKALL. On the website it says 2010 camry is not compatible for PKALL, but I imagine they just have not updated it yet.
First double check that your tach is programmed.
Then make sure your software is at 1.06.
Try remote starting it with the key in the ignition with no forward clicks, if it starts the bypass is your problem. If it does not turn the key to ACC.
If it starts then you have an ACC wire not being powered up. If it does not start still, switch it to IGN position. If it starts then one of your IGN wires are not powered up.
If that fails, then check to make sure the Ground While Running wire is getting ground when the remote start is activated.
At this point if all else fails, try another module. If you do two different modules and it still doesn't work something in your wiring is probably wrong.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  
I have done tons of 2010 Camrys with the Idatalink using the 2009 info. It's the same car and works just fine....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
Yimke thank for the input but we do our best to make sure small things like that aren't the issue.  Tach is always done and turns on with the key in the off position.  What we will do is try the idatalink module first today on the 2010. The idatalink website does not show anything for 2010 and thats why we didn't try it. As of right now the car has a 556u.  The PKALL did not work but its odd because on xpresskit.com it shows that the 2010 camry is compatible.  We have had the issue in which the PKALL programs on other cars and does not work.  If it was the wrong TX and RX then the PKALL would not flash when you put the key in the ignition as it would stay just solid.  We updated the modules to the latest version and that did not work.  We did hear about the "use a different key to program" advise but did not work. The idatalink module has ALWAYS worked for us but I carry the ADS-AL-CA and that is double the cost of the PKALL.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  

You have an 80bit key.  You have to use the "U" for the time being.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic