icon

air space in boxes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
livinloud247 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2009 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
For the Kicker Comp 10's. They require like a minimum of 1 cu ft of air space in a sealed box, but for a truck I can only find boxes that are .75 cu ft of air space. Would poly fill make up for this? How much would I need to use?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 08, 2009 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

livinloud247 wrote:
For the Kicker Comp 10's. They require like a minimum of 1 cu ft of air space in a sealed box, but for a truck I can only find boxes that are .75 cu ft of air space. Would poly fill make up for this? How much would I need to use?

Build a box.... I put a 1 cu.ft. box in a standard cab 97 Tacoma.... there's room!

h3_assassin 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2009 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
livinloud247 wrote:
find out what kind of area you have to work with and measure it. do the formula for volume and see where you can stick it and make the box to fit.
don't EVER BUY prefab boxes unless their from the company your woofer is by and its made SPECIFICALLY for that woofer or you'll have some pretty bad results.
livinloud247 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2009 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
I'm getting two though. I'd have to use a common chamber then if I wanted over 1 cu ft of space.
h3_assassin 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2009 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
you certain there is no room anywhere? look into fiberglasses an enclosure or possibly twin under seat boxes?
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2009 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  
Do they make enclosure's for 12's for your vehicle?   That box may have your 1ft3. Some prefab companies accept cutout requests.
This is what I do for FUN!
h3_assassin 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2009 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
livinloud247 wrote:
no as the subwoofer is going to take up space by itself. Your best bet would be to make your enclosure as big as possible with staying around 1cf; 1.0xx is fine 1.xxxx is slightly to much.
Get in the sweet spot and there you go volume calculator this is what i used to calculate my box volume.
you give it width-height-depth and it gives you how much space you have.
It also takes in account for wood thickness.
That's not a spam link I don't know what happened to the other link i posted but i hope this one sticks its useful.
the fat kid 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2009 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
whats the vehicle?
h3_assassin 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2009 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
the fat kid wrote:
whats the vehicle?
for mine its an olds achieva 97