icon

wont start when cold

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2009 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=jim hunter]could be tach issue( these vehicles can just be tachless) or what type of bypass did they use for the secur-lok key? if they placed a key in a universal box i have seen issues with ford keys not liking to freeze!either try to insulate the key in the box module, or upgrade to a keyless interface (ala i-datalink)or if you can get a ford bypass(made by codesystems for ford dealers) it has the chip encased in a gel to protect from freezing , i have used these many times and never had a cold no start issue but i have had that when a key was placed in a universal bypass[/QUOTE

No bypass problem would allow a vehicle to start and run for twenty seconds!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2009 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
its also quite posible that it hasnt been exact timed,estmates of times are almost always spotty at best unless being actually timed,and i mentioned tach issue first, but the bypass interface is also another possibility for only a problem in cold weather
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2009 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
Either way, if a bypass was faulty, the engine should never turn over!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
The Astro units will NOT do tachless. If you don't make the connection you'll get nuttin hunny. wont start when cold - Page 2 -- posted image.
christopherrice 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2009 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  

For everyone that helped and anyone in the future with this problem...

I fixed it last night. It WAS a tach issue. There are 2 different ways to get a tach signal, coil or injector. They had it on an injector and the RS kept sensing over-rev even though the tach was around 1k RPM at the time. I turned over-rev off on the RS and no more issues. For anyone that doesnt get that to work for them, try switching you tach signal source. Thanks again everyone.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic