icon

poor output from subbox with pictures

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
Heamphyst said he had a bunch in his yard...Im sure he'll give you a great deal...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
armymp90099 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
ok this is most likely a dumb question but what do people mean when they talk about river rocks? ive heard it a few times here.
-ETS-
Escape The Scilence
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
1: I can't see HOW that "sans drivers" picture works... Is that a picture of the bottom of the box, before the driver holes are cut?
2: BRACE IT! Those panels are HUGE, man! With panels that sze, no wonder you aren't gettig any output.
3: Common chambers are not a bad thing, necessarily, so IMO, that's not the issue. I do agree, however, that the enclosure is probably a little bit large-ish. Large enclosures will prevent you from achieving max output but it improves your extension.
tommy... wrote:
Heamphyst said he had a bunch in his yard...Im sure he'll give you a great deal...!
...smokin' deal, baby! Most look like doggie cigars, but you can have all you want!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
eric21 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

armymp90099 wrote:
ok this is most likely a dumb question but what do people mean when they talk about river rocks? ive heard it a few times here.

Haha it was from another thread where someone said putting rocks in his box made it sound better, probably because it took up airspace. I wish i could just use some rocks haha

armymp90099 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
lol ok that makes sense now. maybe he could put some decals on the box to give it more horsepower too!
-ETS-
Escape The Scilence
eric21 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
1: I can't see HOW that "sans drivers" picture works... Is that a picture of the bottom of the box, before the driver holes are cut?
2: BRACE IT! Those panels are HUGE, man! With panels that sze, no wonder you aren't gettig any output.
3: Common chambers are not a bad thing, necessarily, so IMO, that's not the issue. I do agree, however, that the enclosure is probably a little bit large-ish. Large enclosures will prevent you from achieving max output but it improves your extension.
tommy... wrote:
...smokin' deal, baby! Most look like doggie cigars, but you can have all you want!

The bottom of the picture is where the speaker holes were cut (where you can't see the port opening) sorry I could see how that would be confusing.

The output isn't nonexistant but sounds like garbage with most music. I have strong bass at 25 hertz and my car flexes really bad at that point but I loose everything a few hertz later.

I am going to brace it much better, do you think a seperate chamber with a seperate port per woofer my help my problems?

Thanks

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
As long as you are using one amp to power all the subs I wouldn't worry about individual chambers.  It will strengthen the enclosure, but it won't be a requirement.  A box is all about size - determine exactly how big the box needs to be and the exact port size and build it.  Anything past 10% off is going to give less then optimal results.
Kevin Pierson
eric21 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

KPierson wrote:
As long as you are using one amp to power all the subs I wouldn't worry about individual chambers.  It will strengthen the enclosure, but it won't be a requirement.  A box is all about size - determine exactly how big the box needs to be and the exact port size and build it.  Anything past 10% off is going to give less then optimal results.

I'm running two clarion 1550watt amps, so should I divide the box in half and reconfigure the port?

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
I would divide it up then.
Kevin Pierson
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=eric21]
"I'm running two clarion 1550watt amps, so should I divide the box in half and reconfigure the port?"
.... I found the problem?
I think u are running these speakers in STEREO, on a single chamber....
You have the left channel split to one amp, and right channel split onto the second amp? If you want to get ALL the woofers to work in unison you need to run the as MONO. Take one of the RCA's preouts from the deck and split it. you'll drop a little in voltage, but you'll get MONO on BOTH amps. Try this before you go and make another box altogether... Bracing the box though is a given.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic