icon

what 12 subs for spl monster setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
akickz 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2009 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Im looking for a lot of SPL but good SC. I have a ported enclosure for Four 12" subwoofers I previously ran the Pioneer Premier Pro TS-W3002D4 and was very disapointed i believe they are 3000w max and 1000w RMS but i only had a hifonics 2600W brutus on them. are they any good? My four 1000w pioneer subwoofers on my 2600w brutus sounded better than the premier pro's did.
I also tried four alpine type-r subwoofers with the 2600w brutus, and the four 1000w pioneers still sounded better (these are the old pioneer subwoofers they are all black). I was wondering what is a good subwoofer out on the market right now, or even a older subwoofer that produces a lot of SPL im looking for real deep bass, I want to run four 12" subwoofers as I stated.
I want to try something totally different than pioneer or alpine because that is all I have ever ran. As for an amplifier I do have a JL audio 1000/1 amp but I also like the 2600W brutus it seems like a decent amp for the price. what amp would be a good choice?
I was also wondering about the kicker solo classic subwoofers, they say they are for a sealed enclosure but I was wondering how they would perform in a ported enclosure.
I wanted to run four alpine type-x too but I dont think I have enough air space. any suggestions?
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  
changing subwoofers and keeping the same box will net you nothing.
The enclosure is the key to the setup.
Custom Enclosure Design
akickz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 4:37 AM / IP Logged  
I'll get a new one built. I just want to know what's some good subs
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 5:59 AM / IP Logged  
Are the old Pioneer subs single voice coil?   I always just recommend JL subs if the user has no other preference. Personally I like Aura, Diamond Audio.
This is what I do for FUN!
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
The Kicker CVX's have done weel so far in each car I have put them in for a daily setup.    Sound much better then the L7's and L5's but still have alot of output.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
akickz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
ianarian wrote:
Are the old Pioneer subs single voice coil?   I always just recommend JL subs if the user has no other preference. Personally I like Aura, Diamond Audio.
yes they were dual voice coil
jeffchilcott wrote:
The Kicker CVX's have done weel so far in each car I have put them in for a daily setup.    Sound much better then the L7's and L5's but still have alot of output.
Do you know what the specs are for a ported enclosure for the kicker cvx?
jeeepguy95 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  

hey Akickz,

I am running two 15' cvx's in a 6.5 cube ported box with a brutus 2610 and it sounds great, so I am sure that the 12's will sound just as good. If thats what you are looking to get. If I am not mistaken it is around 2 cubes per sub for 12's.

thehifishop 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
atomic apocalypse all the way. they are loud but are power hungry. i sell both of these subs and have competed with the triple x and did very well with them
atomic booooom
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
get dual 2 ohm speakers. other wise the output of the amp at 2ohms is about 1300W RMS.
Hifonics works best at 1ohm.
akickz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2009 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
What about running a lot of 10's. I never ran 10's before. And what are some other good 12's besides kicker cvx's
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic