2006 mazda2 central locking diagram?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xcapee 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
Hi all,
I've just purchased a 2006 Mazda2 (Australia). It's the Neo plus factory central locking / power windows.
I want to fit a keyless entry remote (lots of cheap ones on eBay etc), but I need a wiring diagram. I have searched the database and came up blank.
Removing the driver's side door lining, I found the connector for the door lock actuator. There are 5 wires on a 6 pin block.
  1. Red
  2. RED / Black
  3. [gap]
  4. Orange
  5. WHITE/ Black
  6. Black
All I have been able to make out so far is that Orange seems to be open cct when unlocked and ground when locked, and WHITE/ Black seems to be open cct when locked and ground when unlocked. No idea if these will need a relay or pull down resistor.
I haven't yet located the central locking unit, or another convenient place to get 12V supply with ignition off.
Anyone have a wiring diagram, or can shed light on the central locking circuit in general?
Any help appreciated.
The best things in life aren't things.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
I can't find anything either. You could try grounding either of those two wire with the door latched over to see if anything happens. The worst case is you will blow a fuse. Those vehicles here are rebadged Ford Fiestas but the wiring sounds different. The Fiesta of that vintage (UK spec R/Hand drive) uses a GEM box in lower dash, r/hand side of steering column with BLACK/ orange and BLACK/ green lock and unlock. Low current neg. The other trick is to find the 2 wires that sit on ground and one will flah pos on lock, the other will flash pos on unlock. These are your motor wires. If you feed them from the driver kickwell as a 5 wire set-up = drive existing actuator, you should get a result.
xcapee 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
Further investigation today...
By removing the front passenger door lining, I found it has only two actuator wires, the top two, Red & Red Black. It seems reasonable to assume that is their function on the driver's door too.
I also measured voltage at the Orange & WHITE/ Black wires. These are either at ground or ~2.5V at rest, and opposite state (see above). Grounding either wire will not cause them to change state - nothing happens. There doesn't appear to be a simple switch activated by the key or lock. My guess is that the back EMF from the actuator is sensed by the Central Locking Unit which then generates the appropriate pulse on the actuator drive wires.
I think the Black wire is always ground.
I also found what appears to be the central locking unit up on the right wall of the drivers footwell. Unfortunately I can't see how to remove it easily, and it is very inaccessible. I would love to pull it out and see if I can deduce the circuit. My guess, given by the number of empty pins on the plug that the keyless entry on the higher models would plug in here, so it's frustrating not being able to find a circuit diagram.
xicano21 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  

not sure if it applies to your vehicle , but does it have a switch on the drivers door? the newer mazdas door locks are multiplex

xcapee 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2009 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
There is no switch on the drivers door - that might have made it a bit easier.
What do you mean by "multiplex"?
xcapee 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
Another update.
It turns out the orange and WHITE/ black wires are actually negative trigger, but I need to unplug the connector to trigger with ground. Orange to lock, WHITE/ black to unlock. Looks like I will need to relay through to the door actuator so that it disconnects actuator connector while grounding the wire. 2006 mazda2 central locking diagram? -- posted image.
Now (in theory) the only thing left to come up with is where to find a parking light or similar for flash on lock/unlock. That could be tricky. 2006 mazda2 central locking diagram? -- posted image.
Of course there's a lot of actual work to do still - this is all just discovery so far. 2006 mazda2 central locking diagram? -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
Glad you sorted that, forget lights, were not in North America, go to indcators, check the colours  at the rear lights and follow forward. Betcha they aren't in the steeering column leads because it's all data.
xcapee 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
Cheers howie ll. It's probably a bit more work but it would be nice to drive the indicators.
A little work this evening trying to get away with the relays built into the Keyless Entry. No dice. I tried two different wiring configs, but it looks like I have to isolate all three wires from the door when triggering remotely (it works on both configs with driver's door actuator unplugged, but not when plugged in). Unfortunately that means more relays, more bulk and more patches to an already badly hacked wiring loom with no slack 2006 mazda2 central locking diagram? -- posted image.
I'll have a think about it overnight and have another go tomorrow.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not ignoring you, I'm watching your comments, we have to look after the colonies. Did you find the motor wires?  Why can 't you just fire them off the alarm, assuming it has relay driven lock wires (ie 5 or 6 outputs instead of 2). Assuming locking the driver's door via the latch switch or button wil lock the other doors.
xcapee 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
There is no lock switch - it triggers off drivers side key lock only. At the moment it all works unless I plug in the connector to driver's door. I think I have it down to just the black wire needing to be interrupted from driver's door. My beer coaster relay cct last night was a bit hasty. I effectively had the switches in parallel instead of series so it wasn't interrupting black at all. I will redo this morning, and hopefully it will be sorted.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic