icon

tube lights in my trunk.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lukeylikesit 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
i bought one of those red tube light sets from walmart that plugs into the cigarette lighter jack.
i want to install it into the trunk of a Chrysler 300C.
the lights have a control box to adjust the settings, where the 2 tube lights positive and negative wires run into it and then 1 positive and 1 negative wire that comes out of the control box and then into the piece that plugs into the cigarette lighter plug.
now the question.
i only want the lights on when my stereo is on. so...
can i some how hook them to my sub or amp?
can i cut the wires for the tube lights and plug each light into a sub?
if so what is the effect? does the light pulse cause of the different amounts of power that is being sent to the sub or does it stay strait on?
or can i cut it between the control box and cigarette lighter plug and then hook the negative to the ground on the amp and then the positive to the remote on the amp?
d_rock_81 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
use a relay with your remote turn on wire. Read the section on relays to learn how to wire it up.
Dustin Rockney
Rockstar Autosports
lukeylikesit 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2009 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
thanks
i read up on installing a relay on the remote
but what is the purpose of the relay?
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
The purpose of the relay is to provide constant power to the Neons without effecting your audio equpiment. The turn on lead from your head unit is not designed to power anything only to provide a reference signal to turn on the amp. Connecting the Neons directly to your subs or to an amplifiers outputs could cause damage to the amp. You can however use the Constant power from the amp for the relay. You would connect it as follows Pin 85 tap into the Remote signal wire (turn on lead) Pin 86 to ground, Pin 87 to the cars battery (the amps + connection) and then pin 30 to your neons.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic