icon

99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mike636r 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
I'm trying to install a Marksman m11 remote start/alarm and a 556uw universal remote start interface module for a (3.8 99 Mustang convertible).
I already used/tried to use some of the wiring diagrams but most of them
didn't match my wires,the ones that matched were the ignition wires,from there on,nothing was of use..Does anyone have The wire and (GEM Module) wire location and pin #..diagrams for this car?
Any Info would be appreciated..
by the way the Pats system just kicked in..GreaTT.called the dealer and i might as well buy a new car..What a RIPOFF..$130 just to program
the key...if anyone knows how to bypass this please let me know..
Stage 3 body kit,side exhaust,Roush lowering springs,k&n filter,ported & polished throtel body.and gonna add a cobra supercharger.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 4:50 AM / IP Logged  
What color wires do you have at your ignition switch harness?  It would help us to make sure we do not give you the same bad info you have been getting.
mike636r 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2009 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
Igni..
3)yellows
2)light gray / YELLOW
1)WHITE/ pink
2)light GREEN/ purple
1)RED / light green
1)RED / black
1)BLACK/ light green
the problem i have is the the wiring info for the rest like the (gem module)don't match my wiring.Ex..the alarm dissable wire is supposed to be at the (gem )20 pin #16 GREEN/ violet..well i looked and there isn't such wire there at all..Ex.the other wiring diagrams said
the alarm dissarm wire is at'
Alarm Disarm GREEN/ VIOLET (-) LEFT KICK PANEL'' this wire doesn't exist either....
so i was thinking that the diagrams listed here are for the coupe only,i honestly thought the wire for the 99-04 v6 coupe or conv..were the same....can anyone shed some light on this...
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 14, 2009 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.BatteryYELLOW(+)OR LT.GRN/VIO IGNITION SWITCH
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Ignition 1RED / LIGHT GREEN(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Starter 1WHITE/ PINK(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.All Door TriggerBLACK/ WHITE(+)20 PIN CONN. PIN 3 AT THE GEM MODULE UNDER THE LEFT SIDE OF DASH IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.LF LatchYELLOW/BLACK(-)20 PIN CONN. PIN 13 AT THE GEM MODULE UNDER THE LEFT SIDE OF DASH IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.RF LatchGRAY/RED(-)20 PIN CONN. PIN 5 AT THE GEM MODULE UNDER THE LEFT SIDE OF DASH IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Trunk TriggerBROWN / WHITE(-)GEM MODULE POS 3 LEFT SIDE OF DASH
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Alarm DisarmGREEN/ PINK(-)DRIVERS KICK PANEL
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Parking LightsBROWN(+)LIGHT SWITCH OR DRIVERS KICK PANEL
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2009 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
BatteryYELLOW(+)OR LT.GRN/VIO IGNITION SWITCH
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Ignition 1RED / LIGHT GREEN(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Ignition 2RED / BLACK(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Accessory 1GRAY / YELLOW(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Starter 1WHITE/ PINK(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Anti-Theft TypeRF ACTIVATED SYS.
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Anti-Theft DescriptPATS
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Key SenseBLACK/ PINK(-)STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Neutral SafetyWHITE/ PINK(-)IGNITION HARNESS
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.TachometerPINK/WHITE(AC)OR WHT/PNK PCM PASS KICK 1 CYL SETTING
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Speed SenseWHITE/ ORANGE(AC)PIN 68 AT PCM RT. KICK PANEL
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Parking LightsBROWN(+)LIGHT SWITCH OR DRIVERS KICK PANEL
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Brake LightsRED / GREEN(+)AT BRAKE SWITCH
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.Reverse LightsBLACK/ PINK(+)HIGH PASS. KICK PANEL 8 PIN GRAY CONN
99 Mustang, Alarm/Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.HornYELLOW /GREEN(-)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

What do you mean the pats system kicked in...Go to a ma-pa locksmith...$130 is waaayyyyy to much...You could get a blank uncut key and program it yourself using the bypass and the wait to start feature...

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2009 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
Does your key have the little door on the top...Where the chip would be...If so...You could permently bypass it...Then if you ever need a 2nd key made...You could just get a metal key cut...Although your are losing a step of security...So just add a starter kill and your golden(kinda)...! The car defitnely has factory security...?? Roll window down...Press lock on the door switch...Shut the door...Wait 60 seconds...Open door...Is it honking at you...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
mike636r 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2009 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
First of Thanks for anyone who has replied..
When i said the 'pats system kicked in' i should of been more specific.sorry..when i try to start the car with the original key,the only thing that happen's is the motor 'cranks' but doesn't run..as soon as i turn the key to 'start' run' the ''Theft'' starts to blink really fast,for about 2-4 mins.. then it blinks normally again...So i know its a 'pats' system problem..
Erlier today i went and got a code reader..I pluged it in and no codes would show.....Now i'm getting really mad..so i removed the remote start and tried the factory set up...plugged in the code reader again and no codes would come out,it would just freeze the code reader every time...
when i look at the dash,the service engine light is on,the battery lightand the theft light blinking really fast ...
Tommy-I just tried the put down window thing and no it didn't honk..
-about the key,yes it does have a little square door looking on the top of the key...
you said i could permanately bypass it for good?? well,as far as things are looking right now i think i might justa try it..im not worried about my car being stolen,i always garage my car,its never out of my sight sort of speak...pm me and let me know how to do this bypass.
Thanks in advance!
mike636r 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
also,is it possible for you guys to help me in directing me to install this system? The only thing i can't get to work is the remote start,to start..Everything else like the paging feature,doorlock/unlock,etc..worked just fine..
assuming i can get the car to start runnin on gas and not on a battery lol.thumbs up on the 3 year warranty on the battery wich came pretty handy today....
i know how how this all may look like i don't know anything about cars..and you are right..i only know motorcycles but i wan't to learn how to wire car electronics too...i know how to rebuild a cars engine but when it comes to the electronis part im clueless...
if anyone thinks they can help with the remote start feature of this install ,p.m me.. (marksman m11 remote start on a 99.3.8lt conv.mustang)
~Thanks in advance!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic