icon

'02 ford explorer, viper 160xvl rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
m3mark558 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, H3's BLACK/ white is connected to a toggle switch that sees ground.
And I do have a bypass module that I'll hook up later. When trying to start the car, the key is in the ignition.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
You have to connect that RED / white wire from the xcrs to a constant twelve volt source!
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Also all accesory wires along with ignition must be powered properly!
m3mark558 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2009 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
I put the RED / white XRCS wire to constant 12V and put the fuse in and put the pink/white wire to the same accessory(GREEN/ light green) as the orange wire.
Still nothing.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2009 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
Are all the wires in your ignition harness attached to the remote start, list all and what they are attached to!
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2009 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  

You shouldn't need the pink/white wire.  AVOX tech docs don't show a second ignition or second accessory that needs to be hooked up.  Are you trying to start with TACH learned or with voltage sense?  Try programming it to voltage sense like Chris said.....

If the BLACK/ white (neutral safety wire) wire is seeing ground then you can disqualify that from the problem.

Make sure the Hoodpin (gray) wire is NOT seeing ground.  Everything else you said you had hooked up looks like its right.  

How are you testing your wires and how did you determine that the BLACK/ white is "seeing" ground? 

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
m3mark558 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2009 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
I am trying to start with the TACH learned. I tested the voltage with the car running and it showed like the installation manual said it should. And when I start the car and hold the valet/program switch within five seconds of starting it, the LED comes on and stays on until I release the button.
The hoodpin is not hooked up to or touching anything.
I've tested the voltages with a multimeter. I have the BLACK/ white (neutral safety wire) running through a toggle switch to ground. I just assumed that it was fine. I will bypass the switch for now until it is working correctly. I'll hook it straight to ground.
Thank you all for your help.
m3mark558 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2009 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
I disconnected the pink/white wire and ran the BLACK/ white straight to ground.
Maybe there is something I'm missing when trying to start it? I've got the key in the ignition and the tach is learned. Then I press the * button on the remote twice within 3 seconds. And nothing. Any ideas?
m3mark558 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2009 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
I'm retarded. I had the BLACK/ white domelight output from H1 hooked to ground, rather than the correct BLACK/ white neutral safety input from H3.
It starts right up now. I'm working on the bypass module now.
Is there a way to start the heated seats automatically when the car starts? Or using other buttons? Thanks!
m3mark558 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2009 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
And of course I can't get the bypass module to work right. I've got the Directed 556S Interface Module. I connected the black wire to ground, the red to the same 12V constant as the rest of the stuff, yellow not connected. What do you hook the BLACK/ red up to? The directions say to hook it to the remote start status input wire. I tried the blue status output on the relay satellite and the blue/white H3 wire (2nd status/defogger), but neither of them worked. Any ideas?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic