the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpuguy06 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
I did some searching around here and have everything hooked up correctly, I believe. However, when I try to remote start, it says remote start error on the 2-way remote and doesn't engage the starter. I read in the manual that it will flash the parking lights a number of times corresponding to the error if the remote start fails and it doesn't even do that. I know the parking lights are hooked up correctly because when I lock/unlock they flash correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
cpuguy06 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, I followed advise some guy on here received and hooked this heavy gauge inline connector up in the following manner:
Pink(Ignition 1 Input/Output) - Ignition 1 wire on car (RED / Lt Green)
RED / White(Polarity Feed for ignition 2) - Constant 12 Volts
Orange(Accessory) - Accessory wire on car (BLACK/ Lt Green)
Violet(Starter Output) - Starter wire on car (WHITE/ Pink)
Red(Polarity feed for ignition 1) - Constant 12 Volts
Pink/White(Ignition 2 Output) - Ignition 2 wire on care (Gray / YELLOW)
Pink/Black(Flex Relay Input) - Not Connected
RED / Black(Accessory/Starter polarity feed) - Constant 12 volts
As soon as I connect the battery the air bag and battery lights on the dash come on making me think the remote start has energized ignition 1. As soon as I unplug the remote starter the lights on the dash go off. What did I mix up here?
Also, with the Air bag and battery lights lit up on the dash I started it with the key...it started fine, however, once the key was turned off and pulled out the vehicle kept running. I had to pull the power to the remote start brain for the car to shut off.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

Sound like an accessory or ignition is getting constant 12v...Are those all the wires in the harness you listed...Didnt leave any out...?

BatteryYELLOW(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.Ignition 1RED / LIGHT GREEN(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.Ignition 2GRAY / YELLOW(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.Accessory 1GRAY / YELLOW(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.Starter 1WHITE/ PINK(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.Anti-Theft TypeRF ACTIVATED SYS.
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.Anti-Theft DescriptPATS
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.Key SenseBLACK/ PINK(-)STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.Neutral SafetyWHITE/ PINK(-)IGNITION HARNESS
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.TachometerLIGHT GREEN / WHITE(-)POWER CONTROL MOD BEHIND RT.KICK
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.Speed SenseWHITE/ ORANGE(AC)PIN 68 AT PCM RT. KICK PANEL
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.Parking LightsBROWN(+)LIGHT SWITCH
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.Brake LightsRED / GREEN(+)AT BRAKE SWITCH
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.Reverse LightsBLACK/ PINK(+)HIGH PASS. KICK PANEL 8 PIN GRAY CONN
2000 v6 mustang viper 5501 problems -- posted image.HornYELLOW /GREEN(-)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
cpuguy06 
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
yea those are all the ones listed in that harness. Each site I find seems to have conflicting information about the ignitions/accessories. I have a multimeter, is there anyway I can just test the wires out myself. Nobody seems to have done a remote start in a 2000 mustang before. I have done a lot of searching and haven't been having any luck.
cpuguy06 
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
If I remember right, Accessories shouldn't show voltage while cranking and ignitions should?
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
yep...On and cranking for ignitions...On for Acc...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
cpuguy06 
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, I just metered them out. The suspected ignition 1 shows +12v when key is on "On" position, just before start. As do my other three wires that may be either ignitions or accessories.
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
What do they do during crank...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
cpuguy06 
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
The one suspected of being ign#1 drops to 10volts, the other "ignitions" drop to 0.3v which leads me to believe they are accessories and not ignitions. Also figured out by metering that for some reason the remote start brain is giving ignition #1 constant +12 volts even when the car is off. How do I fix this? As I mentioned above I have an ignition 1 "input/output" and an igniton 1 polarity feed. What is a polarity feed? the accessory and ignition 2 polarity feeds I gave a constant 12 volts and they don't seem to be causing me any problems. Any chance we could talk on the phone or over aim? four oh two-four three one-two six five five is my number.
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2009 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
Can you put the wire description for the RED / white...If you can hold off til tomorrow ...I can give you a call...Around lunch...Or evening...! When you unplug the red-white...Does it drop the constant voltage in the ignition...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic