icon

What is a Key Sense Wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wblakes 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

The issue with doing it this way is the drivers door is unlocked during remote start....

[/QUOTE]
all of the Directed products i've installed lock itself after the car starts. press the start button on the remote, driver's door unlock, car starts, driver's door lock. for other brands of remote starters, most of them have the option of sending a pulse signal after the car starts. if the remote starter have neither option, then the keysense wire has to be use.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
To me that is an issue. I don't want my car unlocked while i'm not around even if it is only a few seconds.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
wblakes 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:
To me that is an issue. I don't want my car unlocked while i'm not around even if it is only a few seconds.
so what do you do for cars that require the routine? some cars arm and disarm with lock and unlock and do not have other means of disarm, then there is no way around it but to have it unlock before start.
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
Very few, some Accords from the early 2000's are indeed this way and you have to do like you state but i honestly can't think of any more right now(tho i bet there are some that i can't think of after a few beers i just had!). There are some that only arm/disarm with the factory remote but that wouldn't count here. Fords stay armed while RS, GM's and Chrysler's usually need a bypass that will disarm for you, Nissan will disarm with just the ignition, Most Honda's have a disarm wire.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
equate 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged  
wblakes wrote:
what i usually do is just use the Factory Disarm wire and send a pulse to the Unlock Wire to disarm it before remote start. that way i don't have to run a wire to the keysense wire.
Hi, Mike, thanks so much .
But I dont really understand this part. you use "Factory Disarm wire". is it from car side or alarm side?
"Unlock Wire", is it from car side or alarm side?
If you use factory disarm wire from alarm to trigger the car's disarm wire, I think it might unlock the vehicle.
equate 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 4:29 AM / IP Logged  
wblakes wrote:

The issue with doing it this way is the drivers door is unlocked during remote start....

all of the Directed products i've installed lock itself after the car starts. press the start button on the remote, driver's door unlock, car starts, driver's door lock. for other brands of remote starters, most of them have the option of sending a pulse signal after the car starts. if the remote starter have neither option, then the keysense wire has to be use.[/QUOTE]
How about Compustar? Does it lock itself after start?
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  

equate wrote:
wblakes wrote:
what i usually do is just use the Factory Disarm wire and send a pulse to the Unlock Wire to disarm it before remote start. that way i don't have to run a wire to the keysense wire.
Hi, Mike, thanks so much .
But I dont really understand this part. you use "Factory Disarm wire". is it from car side or alarm side?
"Unlock Wire", is it from car side or alarm side?
If you use factory disarm wire from alarm to trigger the car's disarm wire, I think it might unlock the vehicle.

Well, yes and no. You can't ever make a blanket statement like this because every car is different. Disarm pulse on a Toyota will unlock the drivers door, yet a disarm pulse on a 2005 Malabu won't. Manufacturer's all design differently. Hey, if there was a simple answer anybody could do our jobs....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
equate 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

[QUOTE=equate][QUOTE=wblakes]

what i usually do is just use the Factory Disarm wire and send a
I look on the manual of idatalink. What is CANH and CANL? canbus? or something else? what does it do? to control door looks?trunk opens?etc?
wblakes 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
equate wrote:
I look on the manual of idatalink. What is CANH and CANL? canbus? or something else? what does it do? to control door looks?trunk opens?etc?
CAN-H and CAN-L are data wires that you would connect you data module to; can usually be found at the OBD port. if you are using a data module, it pretty much take care alot of the wires for you without having to run wires to different locations in the vehicle. what model of data module are you using?
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2009 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
equate wrote:
Mike M2 wrote:

[QUOTE=equate][QUOTE=wblakes]

what i usually do is just use the Factory Disarm wire and send a

Can is a means of sending data. Think of it as the western days and some dude sitting in a railroad office using morse code. He is sending data thru a single wire to another guy a hundred miles away telling him something. Can would be similar as it sends a signal from say, the cars BCM to the radio(this is true in new American made cars). You turn on the key, the key sends a signal to the BCM, the BCM sends a signal to the radio letting it know to come on. When you use an Idata module, it takes a signal from the RS and sends it to the car to do many things.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic