the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

opinions from the pros

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2009 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
That'll work!
Support the12volt.com
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2009 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
What about this inductor for the extra woofer?
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=255-252
Thanks again dyohn your knowledge is much appreciated,You and some others on here should be given spiffs by manufacturers for selling there stuff through your knowledge!!!!
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2009 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, that coil is perfect.  You can hide it inside your kick panel.
Support the12volt.com
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2009 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
dyohn ,are plan backfired dude!!!`The 7" vifa wont fit anyway on the driver side because of the e-brake.I was wondering if you could recommend a nice 6.5" for the setup
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2009 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Heres my new idea, tell me what you think. Since i am going to use a 6.5 now i was thinking about using a q forms 6.5 component kick panel.Instead of installing a tweeter in the small round area provided I was going to make a port there for the mid bass. I used the round port calculator and with a 1" round port and .6cuft tuned at 35 hz i would make a 2.7" round port .Does this sound like a good idea? If it is ,What should the port be tuned to?I would still be using the crossover point of 600hz you suggested.
DYohn 
Posted: October 31, 2009 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Hi.  Well there really is no or very little size difference between a typical 6.5" and a typical 7" woofer, but if you think using a 6.5" is better that's great.  As far as converting a prefab kick into a ported enclosure, you're likely to have disappointing results.  I recommend sealing the kick instead.  HERE's a decent 6.5" that you might like.  Yes, the crossover plan would remain the same no matter which woofer you add.
Support the12volt.com
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2009 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
Do you think that vifa 7" will fit in the qlogic kick panel? If so ill stick with that one . What do i need to do to completely seal that enclosure up.
DYohn 
Posted: October 31, 2009 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, if you're going to buy the Q-Forms kick panel, you'd probably be better off installing the midwoof and tweeter from your comp set in them and putting your new woofer in the factory door location.
Support the12volt.com
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2009 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
If I decide to build a custom kick panel could i use these speakers for a good mid bass response.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-832
I will probably design my own enclosure because I already have custom door panels with the tweeters flush mounted and I dont want to replace those.I just like the look of the above speakers but if you think i would get better sound qaulity out of the vifa's then I will go with those.I was also looking at those 5.25 tang band subs they are more within the specs of my amp's power ratings,have you heard those before.They have amazing reviews.I talked to an installer about those 7"vifa's and he said theres no way to get them in the kicks without them hitting the ebrake , but after talking to you and checking the specs Theres is only about a .25 " of difference in the outside area of the speaker and about .35" depth wise to your average 6.5 . thanks again for the info
DYohn 
Posted: October 31, 2009 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

I am currently using a pair of those 6.5" TB subwoofers in my daily driver.  Those are subs, and darn good ones, but would not be the best solution as the woofer in a 3-way setup like I am steering you toward.  One of these would be a much better choice:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-308

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=299-250
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=299-262

Support the12volt.com
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic