icon

99 mustang start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mike636r 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2009 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 99 v6 mustang automatic,about 1 month ago i was installing a remote start,to which i ran into some issues...here is what happened.
Car would crank but not start,{theft}light rapidly blinking.I thought it was a (Pats) problem.today i brought a locksmith to my house to reprogram the keys.I let him do his thing and this is what he said..
''I plugged in the computer and the car is not communicating with the tool.I also used a master key to which the car was not responding,ive never seen anything like this before''
He said it could be the computer,does anyone know why the plug in tool would not communicate with the car?{specific}
Thanks.
Stage 3 body kit,side exhaust,Roush lowering springs,k&n filter,ported & polished throtel body.and gonna add a cobra supercharger.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2009 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
seen this problem in a 2005 honda accord...ecu was fried.....wouldnt turn over and hondas portable computer wouldnt connect to the car...1900$ and one ecu later, all was fine.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2009 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
mike636r,
What kind of bypass are you using, and how do you have it connected?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
mike636r 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2009 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies!
Chris,
i was using a universal bypass module(556 uw)
Since i could not get the remote start to work,i have removed All remote start connections and taped up all the cars wires back like they were. any ideas why the plug in code reader is not communicating with the car?
Stage 3 body kit,side exhaust,Roush lowering springs,k&n filter,ported & polished throtel body.and gonna add a cobra supercharger.
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2009 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
That's tough to say, especially since you were using a universal bypass. If you'd say, hooked up 12v or ground directly to one of the data lines from the immobilizer receiver it might have been expected, but there's obviously no need to do that with a 556U.
Was the car starting with the key before this? Is it starting now, despite the non-communication with the scan tool?
mike636r 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2009 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
Yes,the car was running perfectly and so was the scan tool with the car..
I'm just not sure what it can be other then fuse and relays(which i have checked) over and over again..
I'm thinking towards a burned computer? who knows?
chriswallace187 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2009 at 4:00 AM / IP Logged  
It could be, but what wires would you have connected to cause that? You were testing the wires with a meter prior to making connection, right?
mike636r 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2009 at 4:25 AM / IP Logged  
yes, i tested every wire except for the tach wire.Instead i used a color coded diagram which told me the pin # and color which was located at the (ecm).I didn't feel the need to check because it matched with the info i got.
also, i noticed the odometer reads --------------.
is this a clue of a erased or burned ECM?shouldn't a fuse or relay go out before the ecm would?
I'm never buying a pats equipt vehicle.what a pain!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic