icon

breaking in sub a different way

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
daniel gt1 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
i read the topic based on breaking in a car and home subwoofer a while now. Do all subwoofers apply to the 12volt's way of breaking the woofer?..I know Digital Designs subs, are broken in a different way..I need to know what you experts have to say bout this..th!!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure what you are asking... IMO the best way to "break in" a subwoofer is simply to use it normally.
Support the12volt.com
daniel gt1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:
Not sure what you are asking... IMO the best way to "break in" a subwoofer is simply to use it normally.
what i meant was this : Digital Designs Subwoofers..have a different way of breaking their subwoofers which is true..Now my question is : "DO ALL SUBWOOFERS INCLUDING DD SUBS, MUST BE BROKEN IN AS YOU GUYS RECOMMEND?"
hatebreeder
skateit_12 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  
Breaking in subwoofer is a myth...there made to bang out of the box...show me a manual that tells you to "break in" a subwoofer before normal use
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
Well Skateit ...
... allow at least several weeks of playing time to break in DD Woofers, full break in may take many months. DO NOT play subwoofers at max amplifier power in the first couple of days, give the suspensions a chance to loosen up. As the suspension breaks in, the subs will play lower and louder.
daniel gt1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
audiocableguy wrote:
Well Skateit ...
... allow at least several weeks of playing time to break in DD Woofers, full break in may take many months. DO NOT play subwoofers at max amplifier power in the first couple of days, give the suspensions a chance to loosen up. As the suspension breaks in, the subs will play lower and louder.
THAT'S THE EXACT SENTENCE USED ON THE DD SUBWOOFER PAGE. BUT THE ONLY MANUEL I KNOW IS "THE12VOLT.COM"...BECAUSE TO MY KNOWLEDGE, EVERYTHING HERE MAKES ENOUGH SENCE TO A NEW MEMBER OF THIS RELIABLE SITE
daniel gt1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
skateit_12 wrote:
Breaking in subwoofer is a myth...there made to bang out of the box...show me a manual that tells you to "break in" a subwoofer before normal use
so if you bought a "brand new" epicenter (white or grey)..and you installed it right away..it'l work well....you're defeating the purpose of subs by saying something like that..subs must be broken in for optimum output in its recommended enclousure...the same goes for the epicenter..it must be tuned for maximum performance..am sure u would understand
scistar17 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
Uh I can quote this from AudioQue's site if you need a manual reference.
"We recommend to allow at least several weeks of playing time to break in AQ Woofers, full break in may take many months.
DO NOT play subwoofers at max amplifier power in the first couple of days, give the suspensions a chance to loosen up. As the suspension breaks in, the subs will play lower and louder."
Is that enough of a myth if the builders of a hand built sub tell you to do it?
scistar17 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
lol looks like several sub brands use that exact quote.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 08, 2009 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
So if you have a 100 watt amplifier, you can't play it wide open for one week or two weeks?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic