icon

subaru dlpk or xk02?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
velicos 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2009 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the advice! After removing the XK02 and wiring the 5901 in a traditional manner, it works great. The TBXKEY/556UW bypassed the immobilizer as it should... after figuring out that I needed Starter 2 wired up and Accessory 2 on an external relay for the air-conditioning.. it's all good.
I will be writing up a How-To for the 09 Subaru Impreza if anyone is interested.
2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-Door
subieken 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2009 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

Make sure that the key you used in the vehicle is in no way usable in the ignition. Or all someone has to do is find that box and they have your car. PolarStart & iDatalink came up with patented technology called EncryptR to solve that problem and others with having a programmed bypass in a vehicle.

velicos 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2010 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
My last outstanding issue at the moment has to deal with the battery backup (520T) and remote start.
When I had the whole setup in a mess I was able to initiate remote start while the system was still armed. Now when my system is armed and a remote start is initiated, the 520T sends an instant trigger signal to the brain and sets off the alarm (setup to go to the trunk instant trigger).
The only difference between sandbox ugly mode and clean mode is that I'm using a Blue Sea 6 port fuse box to clean up some of the wiring. The voltage during the remote start from what I can see doesn't go below 11.8v during crank.
Remote Start -> One crank -> Engine crank stops -> 520T issues trigger to set off alarm
Is it really my wiring that's causing this voltage drop? I don't understand why it worked the first when the wiring nasty and now it's cleaned up... eh
2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-Door
goodtohave 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2010 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
I have been doing this a long time and I have done a few new Subaru's and judging by your questions you are new to this ..which is fine but I do not suggest doing a new Subaru.
They are not hard but the access around the transponder ring is really tight. The top cover of the column cover doesn't come off and it is a bitch to do the wrap. Hopefully you don't have a telescopic wheel, only tilt as this makes it even harder as your harness has to move in and out and there is just not a lot of room under that cover. I know the Forester I did had telescopic, I forget about the impreza.
As far as a bypass save your money as it only does locks and disarm and the wires are right there and easy to get to.
For the key I always just use a relay and wire as it works a lot better in the cold then the key in the box bypass units. But again getting the wire wrap around your barrel is a bitch, look at it and you will see there is just no room.
My 2 cents...:)
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic