remote starter wiring, 1994 mercury sable

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigpoppa69 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2009 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

[/QUOTE]

Mars/Omega/Excalibar is rather cheap product. You won't find many reputable shops that install them. I would look for something else. DEI (Viper, Python, Clifford, Valet and others), or Compustar. Others here like Audiovox/Prestige as well.
[/QUOTE]

I just liked Omega because its been around since 1971 made in the USA but if u say it isn't good quality i'd like to get something else. where is the best place online to shop for a DEI or something quality around 50-60 dollars with just remote start and keyless entry (no alarm) with a remote that has all the buttons on it? by that i mean i dont want 2 seperate remotes, one for starting the car and one for unlocking the doors or popping the trunk, i want a system that comes with a remote that does everything. thanks

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2009 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
We carried a few Omega systems for a couple of months, we just sold our last mars 33, and that is it! Just horrible....I can get more specific if you want, but I'm not gonna start a rant. I love Compustar stuff (have one on my own vehicle). Audiovox product is rock solid....just had a customer come in today with an Audiovox  system that she had installed 9 years ago, and it is still working strong. I also like the Autopage stuff. DEI product is also good. Just check any of these manufacturers sites. Find the model you want, and Google it. Have fun trying to find something in that price range, that is willing to back the product up. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk.... I see so many people buy their own equipment off the internet, and decide they are in over their head. They bring me their junk, and want me to install it. In the end, Most likely, it ends up costing them more to have their own stuff installed, then it would of been to buy and have something installed by me. Don't get me wrong, we will help all we can, and I hope you understand some of the comments made earlier. Just because I know 12 volt, doesn't mean you would trust me to come wire your house. Two completely different animals. Good luck on your search.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2009 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
DEI tries to prevent online companies from selling their products so you will often see their items removed from ebay or other sites for copyright violations. I just took a look on ebay now and saw a Valet 561r selling for about $49 plus about $10 for shipping. It is a basic model by DEI, comes with only 1 remote that will do locks and start your car. I prefer Compustar. Look for a RF-1WG2-AM. It is there basic model. Should be able to find one for under $100.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic