icon

amp wont turn off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
  If you were not able to reach your desired listening level, you would want to turn the gain up till you begin to hear the whining, then back it down till it goes away
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
imupabove wrote:
but is their any way eliminating the interfering noises? and still the gain all the way or whatever i set it at?
I guess while overlooking I am an idiots advice and mine as well regarding gain. That you also have not read the HOW TO SET YOUR GAINS! link i posted either.
amp wont turn off - Page 4 -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Baby steps. 
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
Baby steps. 
Yep. I have trouble with that sometimes.
First do this. I am an idiot is giving you the easy and fast solution for now.
i am an idiot wrote:
   If you were not able to reach your desired listening level, you would want to turn the gain up till you begin to hear the whining, then back it down till it goes away
once you have this done that. Click the like I provided above. Read it over really well. There is a special section just for EQ gain you should make note of. Read the first post of it over and over till it makes 100% sense to you. If you have questions feel free to ask. Once you have a good grasp on what is being cover in the How to set your gains topic. Then you can go about starting from scratch to get all your gains matched as they should be.
It is very important that you know and understand just what a gain is and it purpose first though.
imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
dang. still here whining noises even if i put the gain to the first notch/mark. i here it more on the road driving. its annoying when i turn the volume down all the way down and hear music from my left front speaker.
not sure about the setting my EQ. all i do is set my headunit to volume 25/35.
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
the zx line of amplifer will take 5volts of rca input. What are the chances your EQ is giving that much or more at the current settings? If you are feeding 5 volts or more. The gain may not have to move at all from all the way down to achieve full output. Again read the how to set gain topic.
i am an idiot 
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  
There is a problem with the front left channel of your EQ.  (Or that is just the only speaker you can hear the noise in because you are closer to it than the others)  Can I ask why we do not just use the volume control on the radio itself?  I bet you 1000 dollars that if you turn that volume all the way down, there will be no music coming from any speaker in the car. 
About the position of the Gain adjustment on the amp:  Are your intentions to stay in the trunk and look at where the gain knob is positioned, or to listen to your system without noise?  You can only choose 1 answer.  Whichever choice you do not make, you have to let go and let God take care of and worry about why that one is that way.
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence spmpdr, I have no idea why some of them have trouble at least trying some of the things I suggest.  It is almost as though they think I am an idiot.   For some reason, a stigma I can not seem to shake. 
anytime man youve helped me more than once, I too have that hard headed approach to things but with time i have learned to listen to experience and learn from wisdom, I still make things more complicated than they really are sometimes though.progress not perfection.
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
There is a problem with the front left channel of your EQ.  (Or that is just the only speaker you can hear the noise in because you are closer to it than the others)  Can I ask why we do not just use the volume control on the radio itself?  I bet you 1000 dollars that if you turn that volume all the way down, there will be no music coming from any speaker in the car.
Remember when I said "a magic EQ you say"? While an EQ can be a useful tool if used correctly. Most the time they are not. Also by adding an EQ you are adding yet one more thing to introduce noise into the system.
imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2009 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
i should toss the eq huh?
how about the remote wire and speaker wire next to the power wires, can that make the noise occur? because the speaker wire or my speakers inside the car and the remote wire for my mono amp is very close to the power wire.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic