amp wont turn off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence spmpdr, I have no idea why some of them have trouble at least trying some of the things I suggest.  It is almost as though they think I am an idiot.   For some reason, a stigma I can not seem to shake. 
Yeah I don't get it either. Most are like the simplest thing ever to rule something out. Guess that just makes them the idiots? amp wont turn off - Page 3 -- posted image.
amp wont turn off - Page 3 -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
I always suggest the simplest things.  For some reason or another, the simple things are all I can come up with.
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
I always suggest the simplest things.  For some reason or another, the simple things are all I can come up with.
Well if it makes you feel any better. You are one "IDIOT" that I would have no problem taking advice or problem solving from.amp wont turn off - Page 3 -- posted image.
imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
hey "i am an idoit"! sorry i finally did some troubleshooting ..
i put the gain all the way down and i didnt hear any whining* noises but when i turn the gain up i heard it. and its funny because when the gain was all the way down i was still able to hear the music by turning up the master volume on the EQ and the headunit's volume is 25, weird right? the higher i put the gain i hear the hissing noises in my speakers. and with the gain turn up and the volume down, i hear only my left front speaker (low level sound). so im guessing the higher the gain the more i can hear the noises.
thanks for baring with me.
i am an idiot 
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  

It is no surprise that you can still hear music with the gain all the way down.  If you turn the gain all the way down, and you can still reach your desired listening level, leave it that way.  If you were not able to reach your desired listening level, you would want to turn the gain up till you begin to hear the whining, then back it down till it goes away. 

I am really glad you got it figured out.

imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

It is no surprise that you can still hear music with the gain all the way down.  If you turn the gain all the way down, and you can still reach your desired listening level, leave it that way.  If you were not able to reach your desired listening level, you would want to turn the gain up till you begin to hear the whining, then back it down till it goes away. 

yeah thanks :]. why can i hear the music with the gain all the way down, do you know? i can hear the music pretty good with the gain all the way down but im not getting the amp's potential, but yeah im pretty sure if i just boosted the amp's gain by a little i will be fine. is this all normal?
j.reed 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

To bad it took a week to decide to try simply turning one knob counter clockwise.
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
j.reed wrote:
i am an idiot wrote:

To bad it took a week to decide to try simply turning one knob counter clockwise.
haha iknow! i was kind of busy Xp.
i am an idiot 
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

The gain adjustment is not a volume control.  (Unless it is an MTX)    Turning the gain all the way down will not mute your sound.  The gain adjustment determines how much voltage in will yield full output.  If you have ever seen an amp with numbers on the gain adjustment, the numbers at full CCW are higher than the numbers at full CW.  Full CCW = 6v  Full CW = (.)2v  This means that at full CCW it will take 6 volts of input voltage to reach maximum output power.  At full CW it only takes (.)2 volts of input to achieve max out. 

imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
but is their any way eliminating the interfering noises? and still the gain all the way or whatever i set it at?
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic