icon

viper 5901 into 1987 toyota mr2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
berg9987 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

Unless I'm missing something.  The Quick Reference Install Guide has no wire in any of the harnesses labelled as "2nd Unlock".  There is no wire labelled as light blue.  This is present in the install guide that is listed on this site.  The install guide on this site has a 2008 date and the Quick reference I have has 2009.  There is a side note on the wiring page that reads:

New Features:
- Enhanced Tach Filtering
- Addition of Aux 4 for a total of 5 Channel Outputs
- New 18 pin Harness
- Improved current capable Aux & OEM Alarm Outputs
- Enhanced Temperature Reading

However flipping the Install guide over to the other side there still is the option in Menu 1 - Security for 2n Unlock.  It is Item #8 and has two options: 1 - 2nd unlock on Ign-control after first unlock and 2 - 2nd unlock on Ign-control with first unlock.  I'm wondering what it means by Ign-control.

I tried to get info from the www.directechs.com site, but I can only seem to get the one page no matter where I click.  I tried to register but it said that my email adress was invalid.  It's not a huge deal, I just found it curious.  If you have any information I would be glad to hear it.

Cheers,

Berg

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Just some thoughts, I did a 95 model last week. What t&t was getting at is this.. Does it start and run on the first turn of the key on a cold morning without having to pump the throttle?
berg9987 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  

Eh?  I'm kinda lost.  Are you referring to the question of whether or not its fuel injected?  To answer your question, I have had a little trouble with it recently but after replacing a faulty coolant temperature and bleeding the coolant system it starts fine.

Cheers,
Berg

berg9987 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

I cant edit my posts.  It was supposed to say "faulty coolant temperature sensor"

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
With just the key turning or do you have to pump accelerator as well?
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
What do you mean lost control? I gurantee you without the shadow of a doubt that unit is capable of priority locking! Do you have an eight pin connector with the unit? It will have the light blue second unlock wire along with other wires!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
berg9987 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  

There is no 8 pin connector.  I have H1 a 12 pin, H2 an 18 pin, H3 a 10 pin, The dool lock harness, the on/off switch for the remote start, the bitwriter port, the optional Mux port, the D2D port, and the connection to the control centre.  There is no light blue wire.  I will try and take some pictures later this evening for you.

Cheers,

Berg

berg9987 
Member spacespace
berg9987 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  

I've taken a closer look at the alarm itself, and the date code printed on the bottom is for November of 2009.  My girlfriend has a Viper 5901 as well.  She had it installed at a shop so I haven't had a chance to look at the date code.  However, I can tell you that the packages that they came in were completely different (I have the cardboard box and she had the sealed plastic box designed to hand on hooks int he store).  The back of her box states that her alarm can do priority locks.  The back of mine does not.  It's not a big deal, I don't need priority locks, I was just curious as to whether or not people know if there is a new version of the 5901.

Cheers,

Berg

berg9987 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  

Update:

I have found the 2nd Unlock.  In Menue 2 - Convenience I can set any of the Aux signals (1-4 and Aux/Trunk) to act as the second unlock.

Cheers,

Berg

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic