Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ladder49vfd 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2009 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

Folks, I was just looking at this post about the 2001 Explorer:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~7058#reply

I am going to be installing a Viper remote start in my 2002 Ford Explorer, and I need the very same diagram of the starter switch for my 2002 Explorer 4x4 as was posted in that last post for the 2001 Explorer. Anyone have an updated diagram for the 2002 ?

-Ron C.

Peace
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 03, 2009 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.BatteryYELLOW(+)AT IGNITION SWITCH
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Ignition 1RED / LIGHT GREEN(+)AT IGNITION SWITCH
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Accessory 1DARK GREEN/ LIGHT GREEN(+)IGN. SWITCH
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Starter 1RED(+)AT IGNITION SWITCH
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Anti-Theft TypeRF ACTIVATED SYS.
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Anti-Theft DescriptSECURILOCK
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Key SenseGREEN/ PURPLE(+)STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Neutral SafetyWHITE/ RED(+)USE START WIRE
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Tachometer4.0=DB/LG(AC)PIN 4 OF PCM, 4.6=LG/WHT 31 OF PCM
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Crankshaft SensorDB(-)55 OF 60 AT PCM
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Camshaft SensorDG(AC)53 OF 60 AT PCM
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Speed SenseGRAY/BLACK 8K(AC)7 OF 58 AT PCM, OR 12 OF 20 AT GEM
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Parking LightsBROWN(+)HEADLIGHT SWITCH
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Brake LightsTN/RED(+)AT BRAKE SWITCH
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Reverse LightsBLACK/ PINK(+)UNDER L/S CONSOLE ,14 PIN CONN.POS.2
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.HornYE/LG(-)STEERING COLUMN POS. 6 OF 8 PIN CON.2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Anti Theft RXWHITE/ LIGHT GREEN(+)AT PATS MODULE
2002 Ford Explorer, Remote Start -- posted image.Anti Theft TXGRAY/ORANGE(-)AT PATS MODULE
ladder49vfd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks so much. Which one of those would the the "12v switched ingition wire",  would that be "ignition1"?
Peace
ladder49vfd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  

One more question.

So the viper manual tells you to connect these wires "in between" some circuits on that starter switch, and others, like the Brake Light wire to see if someone's foot is on the brake so the remote start won't engage.

For wires that you are supposed to "T" into, what is the "professional" and best way to make this connection?

For wires that are not going to be T'd into, Also what is the professional method? (Is crimpable fittings acceptable?)

Thanks!

-Ron C.

Peace
ladder49vfd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  

Hey there, one more question (I'm hoping not to overstay my welcome here!)

Below is a wiring diagram for the XK04 / PKFM bypass module I will be using. It tells me to connect to a number of wires on the PATS module which is near the ignition key (like ignition wire on the PATS, the PATS tx and PATS rx etc.)

Does anyone have the PATS module diagram for the 2002 Ford Explorer?

Peace
ladder49vfd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2009 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  

Folks, couple of questions:

You gave me the wiring scheme for the starter switch in another post, but the bypasswants me to attach wires to the PATS module.

• Is the PATS module right below the ingnition cylinder?
  • Which wires are the immobilizer tx and rx?
  • I am to put the bypass electrically IN BETWEEN the PATS module and the remote starter right?

Also, couple of quick wiring questions:

• for wires that you have to "T" into like the brake wire, what's the best way to make those connections? Is there some "Y" crimp connector I should use for the end of these wires?
  • For straight connections between 2 wires, also should I use crimp connectors? Looks like the manufacturer uses them so why solder them? what do you think?

-Ron C.

Peace
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2009 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

What brand and firmware bypass are u using?

For brake wire its always good to tap into the switch above the pedal.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 05, 2009 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  
The PATS wires should be coming out of the small black module that sits around the car's keyhole, and then run down the steering column in the harness with all the other ignition and accessory wires.
If you already know the colors, you might have some luck finding them right in there with your ignition wires....If not, undo the plastic shroud around the column and get them right there at/near the keyhole.
You can also get the brake wire right there in the ignition harness (light green, I think) to make the job a little neater.
As far as connections, there have been many discussions here before, and not everyone is in agreement. But, the "Y" crimp connector you had in mind...what's very similiar is known as a T-Tap, usually made by 3M.
Use the search feature here and put in words like "solder" "t-tap" "connection" "scotchlok" (without the quotes, of course) and you will find lots of discussions, aruguments, and some very strong opinions.
ladder49vfd 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2009 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hey there thanks for all those great answers!
Peace
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2009 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
wanna say that TX is WHITE/ lt. green and RX is gray/oran
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic