icon

remote start not cranking

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonmagnum 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
my remote starter doesn't crank, everything comes-on (instrument panel, heater, lights) but it doesn't crank. i am able to do valet take over and the car stays on. prior to valet take over, if i disengage the remote start with the key in the "on position" and then try remote starting, it would work (start), but when i turn the key to the "off position" it will not start, even if the key is still in the ignition (at the off position)
btw, it's in a 2002 monte carlo. THANKS!
jonmagnum
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
What kind of remote starter?
What are you using for Passlock II bypass?
Is this a new install, or was it working before?
jonmagnum 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  
it's an asianwolf fm2009 and a 791 universal bypass module - new install. i know the alarm/rs works, cause i have another one (exact same one/model) installed in my f-150 (that works fine) and i swapped the module to see if it works in the f-150 and it works perfectly fine. in addition to the 791: it states if the red light stays on, that mean it has learn the code/resistance (which the 791 does). i am able to activate the remote start after i start the car and also, upon starting the car, if i turned the car off but leave the key in the "ON" it will remote start. other than that, when i try starting, it'll click, i can hear the r/s click but it just won't crank. everything comes on but just won't crank.
jonmagnum
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
isn't a 791 a "Key In Box" type bypass? if so it is not going to work on your Monte Carlo.
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
being that a 791 is a universal bypass that sounds like a key in the box bypass which will not work on pass lok you need a resistor based interface ala d.e.i. 556l or audiovox asgm4 or using diagram on this sight make your own out of a couple relays
jonmagnum 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
the 791 is a universal bypass, it can do VATS, Passlock and Transponder. there was a someone on here with the same problems and symptoms, he also had a 791 bypass and resolved the issue by using the pljx bypass. i just picked one up today and hopefully i can get the same results (successful) as him. btw, i will be putting (pljk) in saturday morning, so wish me luck everyone! will be getting back with updates as soon as completed. thanks everyone!
jonmagnum
jonmagnum 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2009 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
ok heres the update..........i just installed the pljx and it started up (YAY!). everything works and came to life. guess the 791, not all that up to par (comparing to well known brand such as dei). well, i know it was time wasted but also a great experience. in addition, thanks for the help and support everyone. this place has been so helpful and would recommend it to anyone and everyone. THANKS!
jonmagnum

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic