icon

actuator to alarm problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
asstpumpslimm 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
ok i want to hook the actuators on my trunk to my alarm channel 4 and channel 5 1 channel goes up and 1 channel goes down. i have a 6 pin switch wired to them now to use my trunk.
i use this diagram to wire everything up, quadruple checked wires. but when i connect the wires on the relays 1 wire from the 30 to 1 wire on the actuator. and the same with the other 30 to the other actuator wire.
when i hooked them up. i hit the manual switch in the car and no noise from the actuators and the trunk moved about 1 inch. i unhook the wires fro the 30 post and everything looks fine.
any help here
actuator to alarm problem -- posted image.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

You can't parallel 5 wire connections you must series them - that may be part of your problem.

Post up how your current switch is wired and we can tell you how to modify the above diagram to make it work.  Most likely you'll have to disconnect the 87A pins from ground and connect them to the switch outputs.

Kevin Pierson
asstpumpslimm 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
ok maybe you can get this picture, 6 prong switch power and ground in middle
2 wires coming off the actuators going to the 30 on the relays. i hooked it up just like the diagram
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  

A six prong switch with power and ground in the middle, you have to verify if the switch is applying both power and ground when depressed or, if the wires rest at ground or twelve when the switch is inactiveand voltage is applied one way while the other leg sits at rest! ! After you have done this then we can help you!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  

What you should do is disconnect the switch all together and get the two relays working with the alarm.

Then, rewire the switch to supply (-) outputs that connect to the relays (-) lock / unlock inputs.  You should be able to just eliminate all the red lines above and connect the red actuator in the picture above to the other black pin (I hope that made sense).

Kevin Pierson
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
i like the drawing of your actuator (im not kidding, i do), kinda cool. actuator to alarm problem -- posted image.
asstpumpslimm 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
ok, yes power and ground in the middle. power is straight to 12v source so i can use the trunk if the car is off, ground also grounded to body.
press one way it goes up, pull it back the other way it goes down, the switch returns to rest in the middle
bad pic but here it is
asstpumpslimm 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
thats my mad MS paint skills, i lost my picture it program where i could make something decent looking
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
i thought it was good. it takes me waaayyy too long to make something on paint that doesn't even look half that acurate.
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  

Is it just me, or do you have the wire jumpered together?

Try the out to the actuator on the centre terminals of the switch, and the powers on outsides.

Uhm. but you will have power going straight to ground threw the relay. need to isolate

better just to send -ve pulse to 86/85 as needed

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic