icon

viper 571xv what?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ladder49vfd 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

This is an excerpt from the Viper install manual regarding what I am supposed to do with a WHITE/ blue wire from the Viper remote start:

"""""""""""""This input comes from the factory set to 2 activation pulses. This means that it is necessary to have 2 consecutive

ground pulses on the WHITE/ blue wire for the remote start to activate or to deactivate. The same holds true

for the remote control activation when set to a two pulse setting it is necessary to press the button twice

for the remote start to activate or deactivate.

NOTE: When the activation pulse count can be programmed to 1, 2, or 3 pulses when changed

it will affect both activation inputs; the WHITE/ Blue wire and the remote control activation."""""""""""

The only thing it skips telling me is, what the heck I am supposed to attach it to. Can anyone decode this cryptic instruction?

Peace
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
your not supposed to hook it to anything. it would be used IF you wanted an alternative device to start vehicle(i.e. factory remote- hooked to lock wire car would start whenever you pushed lock button 2x, or you could wire in a push button for starting the car from inside without the keys or remote) but for standard install it goes to nothing
ladder49vfd 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, you know, I thought that was it, but I have so many darn unused wires on this harness I'm like what the heck? But I get it. Thanks.
Peace

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic