icon

1400xpl door locks work, won't start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bloodvette 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  

hello, new to the forum. wow, lots of information here. I have a problem.

I bought an 05 Ford F150 through an auction and I find there's an 1400XPL auto starter installed. I recieved 1 factory ford remote, 1 Python (1400XPL) remote and 1 ignition key. The factory remote (with just lock and unlock buttons) works fine, the Python remote locks and unlocks the doors fine, the other 2 buttons which are " aux " and " * ", do not start the vehicle when pressed. I had a look on line and found the manual and install guides. I tried numerous buttons but none of them start the vehicle. even button combinations, and pressing them twice or 3 times. I find the door lock/unlock buttons, when pressed, cause the blue light from the starter module to flash, but the remote start button does not cause the light to flash, could this mean it's not receiving the signal? I examined the module, I find there are 5 fuses total, 2 near the 1400XPL and 3 near the bypass module which is a ADS-TB (16). the fuses check out ok. however it looks like theres a light on the bypass module and it does not flash no matter what buttons are pressed on the remote.

Where should i begin my troubleshooting?

Thanks for the help,

John

bloodvette 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 4:01 AM / IP Logged  

another tidbit of info, when i first got the truck, using the python remote to lock/unlock the doors caused the horn to chirp. (using the factory remote did not cause the horn to chirp). but NOW, the python remote does not cause the chirp but still locks/unlock as it did. wonder if something's fishy... I verified that the horn is functional. (it sounds when you push on the horn button).

I reseated all connections on the starter module. no difference.

moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
Look for a little toggle switch under the dash or hidden somewhere. It might have been turned off.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic