< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
What about the 85 cut wires?
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
^ haha this whole thread was hilarious.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
shortys9 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
why is this thread so funny? because a shop who claimed they were professionals screwed my car up?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  

well the part where your car was damaged in the process isnt.

whats funny is shorting out a fuse box, the shop used an xpresskit xk07 which is horrible for a car like this, the over exageration of 85 cut wires, the yelling email response that made NO sense at all, and just seeing others reply. some being useful and some not so useful.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
while a much more involved install than a usual remote start, id like to know how they shorted out a fuse box? i mean its a fusebox, it has fuses to protect every circuit what the hell could they have done to short it out that didnt just blow a fuse? also what about the so called "mechanic" that found 85 cut wires? i mean theres not 85 wires hooked to, what did they do cut every wire in the process of testing them? and who fixed all these wires? how did they have 85 cut wires, short out the fusebox yet not damage the bcm? sounds awful fishy on everyones part with this car, sorry to hear of your problems, but happy you got it solved now if you could just get reimbursed for your expenses by either the shop that caused the problem, or maybe even get your money back from the mechanic who found 85 cut wires yet didnt fix the car
mustyk@att.net 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
We have  done a couple of Nissan Altimas with the IM-07, which is the sister piece from the XK-07 and we never had a problem.  Make sure you have it flashed with the latest  firmware. There are two basic types of bypass STYLES. The first one will insert an extra key code into the BCM or Antitheft computer in the car. The second style just COPIES one from the original keycode. I believe the IM-07 / XK-07 copies the current keycode and should not affect the other entries under normal circumstances. The last one we did literally took one hour or less to install but the trick is to follow the instructions exactly!
thetopinstaller
mustyk@att.net 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  

zerepdavid is correct in what he said about warranty issues and blaming the remote start install. Unless they can prove with documentation and phyical evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt that the install cased the problem they must fix it under warranty. I have a dovcument and article and a 1-800 number from the FTC (federal trade commision) about this issue . If you would like a copy please email me because I have yet to figure out how to post documents

P.S. Whenever I ran  into this problem all I do is show the dealer this article and they never give me a problem AGAIN!!

thetopinstaller
shortys9 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
well they easily could have voided the warranty on this install. my car was in their service area with the dash open and tehre were TONS of wires . many going into the bcm, many going into the fuse box under the hood. If they even took the fuse box out u could tell it had been cracked opened and glued shut.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  

shortys9 wrote:
well they easily could have voided the warranty on this install. my car was in their service area with the dash open and tehre were TONS of wires . many going into the bcm, many going into the fuse box under the hood. If they even took the fuse box out u could tell it had been cracked opened and glued shut.

...altima remote start failure - Page 5 -- posted image. ...(speech-less...word-less) tons=85?

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2010 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
It doesn't really matter what we say to this guy, it's obviously way over his head if he believes some back alley "mechanic" that 85 wires were cut in his dash for a remote start system. The guy who "diagnosed" this should stick to changing tie rods, and knocking out dents.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic